MS cuts price of Vista

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by GiddyG, Feb 29, 2008.

1. GiddyG

GiddyG Terabyte Poster Gold Member

Here you go... :biggrin

2. Dedalus

Dedalus New Member

Seems like it doesn't apply to OEM version though...no help to my new build :(

Somewhat off topic, but can anyone tell me which versions of Vista support dynamic disks?

Sam

WIP: A+
  3. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

So paying roughly £68 ex vat is going to break your budget?

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009
  4. GiddyG

GiddyG Terabyte Poster Gold Member

It should tell you on the MS site; however, unless I am reading it all wrong, I believe all Vista versions support dynamic disks.

I am wrong: Enterprise and Ultimate only...

5. neutralhills

neutralhills Kilobyte Poster

Price cut, eh? In my neck of the woods the local farmers call that putting lipstick on a pig. I suppose I should be somewhat grateful for Vista, however. It's good for business. I've made lots of money from compatibility issues, sales of new hardware to people who bought a new computer only to discover their old scanner/printer/tablet/whatever are no longer supported, and Vista's ability to BSOD like no Windoze OS has since Windows ME.

Lord knows I'd be out of business tomorrow if everyone owned a Mac. Damn things never need fixing.

Certifications: Lots.
    WIP: Upgrading MS certs
  6. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

If that were true, I'd never have had to support an advertising agency who had to call me out nearly every week for something new going wrong with their Macs. Their Windows XP machines, on the other hand, rarely had issues.

Not saying that Windows boxen are better than Mac boxen... just sayin' that the never-failing Mac is a myth.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  7. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

Yes, people think Macs are fail-safe...yeah right :dry

Certifications: A+
    WIP: my life
  8. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

I'm pretty sure I can crash my Mac more than my Vista box

notice the 'I can crash' that's right folks, its the users who crash systems, not the system crashing itself

it's likely that my years of experience with NT and 9x have led me to 'treat' the OS better, and my lack of experience with the mac mean I do stuff that perhaps I'm not supposed to

kind of like how most techies never have issues with there own machines, go figure

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0