Movie recommendation

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by zebulebu, Jul 6, 2008.

1. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

Sunshine

Just watched it for the first time - wanted to watch it at home (I can't watch serious films in the cinema, pricks talking through them do my swede in) and got the DVD last week.

Have to say that i thought it was awesome. The ending was superb (a bit let down by the slasher bit halfway through it, but I understand the need to make it 'exciting' for people with short attention spans). Acting was really good - the whole film reminded me of Event Horizon (which I also love and think is seriously underrated).

I give it a solid 8 out of 10 - with one aspect of it being a ten - the utterly, beyond awesome soundtrack by John Murphy. One cue literally had me in tears - and its been a long time since a piece from a sopundtrack did that.

Certifications: A few
    WIP: None - f*** 'em
  2. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

Whilst EH is a bit underrated in the mainstream, its probably one of the big cult sci fi classics, it has a huge amount of loyal fans :)

My feelings on sunshine were almost identical, awesomeness but what was with the weird middle bit? lol

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0
  3. Arroryn

Arroryn we're all dooooooomed Moderator

Ah importantly, since you own the DVD, was the alternative ending up to much?

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, 70-410, 70-411
    WIP: Modern Languages BA
  4. UKDarkstar
    Honorary Member

UKDarkstar Terabyte Poster

EH I liked but I'm afraid I switched off halfway thru Sunshine.

Maybe I needed better UV protection 8)

Certifications: BA (Hons), MBCS, CITP, MInstLM, ITIL v3 Fdn, PTLLS, CELTA
    WIP: CMALT (about to submit), DTLLS (on hold until 2012)
  5. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

Well I am about to go watch it, rented the DVD last night. A few of my friends said it was good and asked me to watch it probably a few months ago I just never had a chance and Zeb since you reminded me, I rented it.

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA
  6. NightWalker

NightWalker Gigabyte Poster

Sunshine is an excellent film. 8)

Certifications: A+, Network+, MCP, MCSA:M 2003, ITIL v3 Foundation
  7. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

Well just finished watching the movie and it is pretty awsome.

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA
  8. Rover977

Rover977 Byte Poster

Remembering the recommendation for this film on CertForums a few weeks back, I just got the film today and watched it this evening and was highly impressed - one the best films I've seen in a while- reps given!

Certifications: A+, Network+, Cisco CCNA
  9. mickaveli2001

mickaveli2001 Byte Poster

Adulthood
    This movie is straight excellence. It’s well written, and is a sequel but can be viewed without watching it’s predecessor ‘Kidulthood’, but I’d strongly recommend to watch Kidulthood first to get an instant knowledge of the characters personalitys and to see how time has changed them mentally rather than trying to guess, and wonder more about the movies structure and script writing.

Adulthood is based all in one day really, and is a UK movie. I dislike a lot of UK movies, but this one is really drawing and very easy to get into from the get go. It’s about teenagers, gangs, violence, but not exaggerated – in fact it’s very realistic to real life. This moie carries far more emotion and passion than Kidulthood, and has you feeling the movie a lot more

Can’t wait for the DVD to come out, but if you can get a copy off someone, then do that, just make sure you watch Kidulthood first ;)

EDIT: Sorry, I thought you were looking for movie recommendations :(

Certifications: NC Communication/Computing
    WIP: A+