mock exams

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by greenbrucelee, May 31, 2007.

1. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

I have done some mock a+ exams on hardware and operating systems through web sites such as cram sessions and various other ones (sorry if this repeats a post I have done on off topic forum) I have typically got 80% for hardware and 75% for operating systems.

Are these mock exams giving a true reflection of what question will be asked when I do the exams for real?

A bit of backgroung on my qualifications and knowledge: HND Business Computing, GNVQ IT, NVQ 1&2 IT have built computers in the past and have installed operating systems, I have a decent knowledge and understanding of Unix I use NT server 2003 on a daily basis but not as in depth as I would like

A good knowledge and use of most MS software, sql, Oracle. Basic C++ (I hate C++) and ASP ( I also hate ASP)

Do you think a+ will help me in gaining a first role in IT?

(sorry once again for the repeat)

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  2. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Depends on what "mock exams" you're using... some of them may be TOO close to the real thing... meaning, the real things, themselves. Beware of those if you have a shred of integrity about you. And if you don't know whether a site is legit... I'd advise against using it, but that's just my moral wiring.

If you want a well-crafted practice exam that will enable you to assess your strengths and weaknesses, I'd recommend that you invest in your career and buy one from a well-respected practice exam provider.

Will the A+ guarantee you an entry-level IT job, or will it be your "golden ticket" sure-thing into IT? No. Will the A+ help you to get an entry-level IT job? Certainly - it will set yourself above your competition who also have no experience AND no certifications.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  3. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Michael is pretty much the undisputed king of mock exams having previously worked for Transcender and now being employed by Boson. If anyone's word regarding mock exams is iron clad, it's his. :wink:

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  4. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

thanks guys

I would really like someone to say to me: Yeah you know your stuff or you suck.

Is there a way to tell if these sites with the mock exams on are legit?

Are there any places that you can show your knowledge as in practicle tests or something?

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?