mobile phone repair certification

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by generic_eric, Jan 18, 2012.

1. generic_eric

generic_eric Bit Poster

does anyone know of any certification or training for mobile phones? or infact any good value books on the subject?

i have googled the subject but can only find 'inhouse' informal training from established companies.

any advice always geatfully recieved.

thanks alot

eric

2. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

Would you really trust someone not trained by the manufacturer to repair your phone? I know I wouldn't especially with how complex they are getting these days.

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA
  3. generic_eric

generic_eric Bit Poster

thanks for the advice simon but i am a bit confused.

are you suggesting that all the websites, market stalls and shops that offer smartphone repair are untrained and/ or maybe ex tchnicians of smartphone companies?

there are a vast amount of used smart phones and cellular phones on the market and users can always afford to use the manufacturers facilities due to expense.

i would compare it to the car servicing market.

the only cert i can find for iphones is the apple ACMT

does anyone else have any advice?

4. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Alot of generic mobile phone training courses are aboard (India, the US, etc). I did come across this site, don't know what they are like as I've never used them.

To be honest, I believe that Mobile phone repair would come under the remit of an electronic technician (or a hobbist, who has turned their hobby into a paying gig) or the person who has access to software that unlocks phones...

Some maybe untrained, but others may have done courses or self-trained/self-studied. You don't always need a nice shiny bit of paper.

EDIT: You, of course apart from that Apple cert/exam, have the Microsoft version: Exam 70-579 - TS: Windows Mobile 6.5, Configuring, I blieve that the Mobile 7 exam is under development (or will be).

Last edited: Jan 19, 2012
    Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  5. Rob1234

Rob1234 Megabyte Poster Forum Leader

Not sure if you really need a cert for mobile repair I see market stalls and shops offering repairs all the time and have even used one myself once but all they do is look on the web to see how ot fix things if its a software fault if its hardware they dont ahve the knowledge or equipment to repair it and when I used these guys before i never once asked to see the certs before i gave them my phone not sure if anyone would ask for that first.

Certifications: A few.