Mini PCI cards

Discussion in 'A+' started by Pheonicks56, Mar 6, 2009.

1. Pheonicks56

Pheonicks56 Kilobyte Poster

The Sybex book puts a lot of stock into knowing the thickness of PCMCIA cards and the connectors of mini PCI cards. Is this seen on the test that often, hence should I try to memorize it?

Certifications: BSIT, AAIT, A+
    WIP: Network+
  2. del_port

del_port Byte Poster

There were no questions about it in my exam,you might get a single question on it if your are unlucky.

I think you'll see the thousands of practice questions you can do for the a+ aren't actually much like the actual exam at all,the content of the practice questions to me is more intricate and detailed than the real exam,so if you get 3 to 5 out of every 100 questions on measurements that is not what you should expect in the exam.

Certifications: A+ and MCDST 70-271
    WIP: mcdst 272
  3. Pheonicks56

Thanks a ton, I just didn't want to sink too much time into it, since I didn't think it would be that valuable of knowledge.

4. soundian

soundian Gigabyte Poster

Most of the practice exams I tried were harder than the actual exam.
    Also, you don't have to memorise things completely, just well enough to pick out the right answer from 4/5 possibles.

Certifications: A+, N+,MCDST,MCTS(680), MCP(270, 271, 272), ITILv3F, CCENT
    WIP: Knuckling down at my new job
  5. Crito

Crito Banned

The last two laptops I bought didn't even come with PCMCIA (renamed PC Card) slots. Seems all the OEMs have moved to the ExpressCard (formerly NEWCARD) standard instead. Not that the real-world matters that much for passing your exam, or anything like that.... :rolleyes:

Certifications: A few
    WIP: none
  6. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Still grumpy today are we? :biggrin If you wanted a PCMCIA slot why didnt you go for a laptop that had that in the spec? Is that not "real-world" enough for you? 8)

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  7. Crito

Crito Banned

I see you've done a lot of research on the topic and already know everything, so I won't bother you with any more facts about obsolete technology.

8. Crito

Crito Banned

And I'm actually in a great mood this morning. Just came back from a very relaxing vacation in Mexico. Funny how you don't realize what a fascist police state the USA is until you go to a free country where the people are still in control.

EDIT: Though the USA's never ending war on life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness has infected the country and ruined many lives.

9. Crito

Crito Banned

And since I'm completely OT now and since BosonMichael is dying for an excuse to get me banned anyways (ROFLMAO), here's a vacation revelation for ya... I now know why the USA delayed entry into WWII. It wasn't isolationist tendencies at all. We've always wanted to be the world's bully. What the history books don't tell you is that we merely defeated Hitler. Fascism is alive and well on this side of the pond. :blink

10. Sparky

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
  11. Pheonicks56

I take offense to that Crito, I proudly served in the military helping to keep democracy alive on the other side of the world, and my wife is currently still active duty. We have sacrificed an unimaginable amount of time for America, I didn't get to see my first born for the first 5 months of his life, I never got to have a wedding or honeymoon and I missed my mother's funeral, so stuff your bellyaching.

-----Back to topic-----

Thanks for the advice Soundian.

12. Crito

Crito Banned

If you act like a Nazi soldier don't be surprised if people treat you like one. I'm sure a lot of people who worked for Hitler were family men just doing a job too. Heil Homeland security!

13. Crito

Crito Banned

Oh, and to anyone thinking of going to Mexico: you're in absolutely no danger until Darth Vader's black Storm Troopers show up, then run for your life.

You'd think people would realize that if they look like Darth Vader's Stormtroopers and they act like Darth Vader's Stormtroopers, maybe they are Darth Vader's Stormtroopers and helping them is helping evil prevail. In fact, the majority of Americans held for ransom were kidnapped by rogue cops, who are as out of control in that country as in ours.

14. Pheonicks56

Yeah I like the personal attacks bud. It's really quite mature. I move to close this topic because it has become so far off track.

15. Sparky

I`ll second that...

16. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

I had one question on it just aslong as you know the basics you will be ok.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?