Mike meyers A.I.O- focusing on 601 essentials exam

Discussion in 'A+' started by dino66uk, Aug 27, 2008.

1. dino66uk

dino66uk Nibble Poster

Hello there,
    I'm currently reading the mike meyers book. Im concentrating on the essentials and historical/conceptual parts and leaving out the IT technician part until i pass the essentials. Is this ok? as my essential exam is in about 6 weeks.

Certifications: A+ CCENT
    WIP: ICND 2
  2. hbroomhall

hbroomhall Petabyte Poster Gold Member

I found there was quite a crossover between the exams. So I wouldn't completely ignore those parts of the book.

Harry.

Certifications: ECDL A+ Network+ i-Net+
    WIP: Server+
  3. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

I would recommend the same. Skip it only as a last resort... or, even better, work it in and reschedule the exam, if you must.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  4. dino66uk

dino66uk Nibble Poster

cheers guys:D thx for your time

Certifications: A+ CCENT
    WIP: ICND 2
  5. pfairbrother

pfairbrother Bit Poster

I'm sitting my essentials in a months time. I am revising everything because as the guys above have said there seems to be a lot of crossover. I will sit the 602 as soon as I can after passing the 601 but then concentrate more on the technician side by revising all of those relevant sections again.

Certifications: MCP (70-271)
    WIP: A+. 70-272
  6. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Do not put the mike meyers book into sections this is not how it is meant to be studied. The parts were it says IT technican for exam does not mean it will come up in that exam it could come up in either exam or it may not at all.

Study the whole book as one and treat the exam as one in two parts.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  7. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

I would go through the book from cover to cover, that's what I did, when I finally have the money to take the exams, I'll have a quick skim back throught the book again.

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009
  8. Gingerdave

Gingerdave Megabyte Poster

To be honest there is so little difference between the two exams I think you are doing yourself a disservice by only studying certain sections, as BosonMichael said put the exam back if necessary, rather that then skipping yourself out of an exam.

Good Luck.

Certifications: A+,MCP, MCDST, VCP5 /VCP-DV 5, MCTS AD+ Net Inf 2008, MCSA 2008
    WIP: MCSA 2012