Microsoft windows Server 2003 environment Project

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by NAK, Jul 5, 2009.

1. NAK

NAK New Member

Hi guys
    I need help with my project. I help on which scenario I can use for my project.
    I have a client who needs help with IT. He needs me to put up a systems that will enable his users to be able to log on remotely to the data centre over the internet with all the users connected to the domain controller and be able to work. also the users will have to be getting their mails using Exchange server 2003 which is sitting in the data centre. This will mean that back ups will be done in the datacentre but users are based in another office or town. How should I configure my domain controller (server 2003) with active directory, proxy server 2003 & Exchange server 2003? What do I need to consider at the data centre in terms of security? What do I need to consider at the clients office or site in terms of security? How do I secure the network or mails or connectivity on the internet between the data centre and the clients offices?

I desparately need an answer guys, I will really appreciate for your answers
    thanks

NAK

2. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

So - this is for a school project? If so - then try actually doing your homework yourself - you'll learn much more that way

Certifications: A few
    WIP: None - f*** 'em
  3. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

VPN is good. :eek:

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  4. craigie

craigie Terabyte Poster

What is this VPN you speak about?

Certifications: CCA | CCENT | CCNA | CCNA:S | HP APC | HP ASE | ITILv3 | MCP | MCDST | MCITP: EA | MCTS:Vista | MCTS:Exch '07 | MCSA 2003 | MCSA:M 2003 | MCSA 2008 | MCSE | VCP5-DT | VCP4-DCV | VCP5-DCV | VCAP5-DCA | VCAP5-DCD | VMTSP | VTSP 4 | VTSP 5
  5. Kitkatninja

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Apart from a secure VPN, another option would be TSWeb over HTTPS (secure terminal services). You could publish both options thru ISA 2006 or thru Microsoft ForeFront (not sure how to do it via ForeFront as we still use ISA 2006).

Just a question, don't you already have a MCSE?

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  6. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

Cripes. So I guess its NOT a homework assignment, but a work assignment? I'm going to start taking a new tack on this sort of post. Tell you what, NAK, I'll make you a deal. You PM me and give me the contact details of your manager. I'll subcontract myself out to your firm and pay you about a tenth of what I make on the job. That way you'll be 'earning' about what you deserve, I'll make a tidy sum of cash out of it and your employer will end up with a solution that works, doesn't take 3 years to implement, and isn't less secure than a sieve made out of tissue paper

Certifications: A few
    WIP: None - f*** 'em
  7. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

It could still be a homework assignment. But you see how much knowledge the MCSE paper got him, huh? Absolutely none.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  8. Modey

Modey Terabyte Poster

Could we make this a sticky to point people at who don't believe you should have real world experience before embarking on an MCSE.

Are certs even worth anything at all now with so many characters like this about? (not to mention Mr Dumpy on the 272 thread)

Certifications: A+, N+, MCP, MCDST, MCSA 2K3, MCTS, MOS, MTA, MCT, MCITP:EDST7, MCSA W7, Citrix CCA, ITIL Foundation
    WIP: Nada
  9. danielno8

danielno8 Gigabyte Poster

Wow!

Certifications: CCENT, CCNA
    WIP: CCNP
  10. Big_nath

Big_nath Kilobyte Poster

It extremely frustrating that people like this get a Job, with this little knowledge.:x

Certifications: MCP, MCSA, MCSA:M, MCSE, MCTS
    WIP: A few
  11. smoggy333

smoggy333 Bit Poster

Especially when there are so many talented MCSE's still looking for work or people studying to be MCSE's looking for work !!! :cussing

Certifications: MCP, MCTS, MCSA, MCSA:M, MCSE
    WIP: CCNA
  12. JK2447

JK2447 Petabyte Poster Administrator Premium Member

Ah wow good spot Ken. I assumed this was a school kid asking us for the answers to an A Level Computing question or something. I'm lost for words. Surely he's getting confused and means he's an MCP. . . . . . . . although even then I'd wonder. . . . . .

Certifications: VCP4, 5, 6, 6.5, 6.7, 7, 8, VCAP DCV Design, VMConAWS Skill, Google Cloud Digital Leader, BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VSP, VTSP
    WIP: Google Cloud Certs
  13. NAK

NAK New Member

that is okay man. I got the answer.

TSWEB or VPN is the way to go for

cheers mate
    NAK

14. JK2447

No comment on the MCSE remarks above?

Certifications: VCP4, 5, 6, 6.5, 6.7, 7, 8, VCAP DCV Design, VMConAWS Skill, Google Cloud Digital Leader, BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VSP, VTSP
  15. Josiahb

Josiahb Gigabyte Poster

I don't even have an MCSE and I know this stuff...

I am so totally in the wrong job.

Certifications: A+, Network+, MCDST, ACA – Mac Integration 10.10
  16. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Of course they are. Not getting certified isn't really a solid option, is it? Because by doing so, the dumpers will look more attractive than you. Just because they cheat doesn't mean you should give up validating YOUR skill set. :)

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  17. JK2447

A agree and besides no ones mentioned the most important point! If we didn't certify, what would be the point of Cert Forums! :ohmy . . . . . :lol:

18. Josiahb

Josiahb Gigabyte Poster

While it may be possible to claim a certain amount of bias exists in this post (if we all stop getting certified the BosonMichaels off looking for work again :p). Hes absolutely right, not only should all those of us with half a brain continue to grab those precious certifications we should also do our best wherever we go to show up the dumpers for the muppets they are!

Certifications: A+, Network+, MCDST, ACA – Mac Integration 10.10
  19. Modey

Modey Terabyte Poster

I suppose it was a rhetorical question. I'm in the middle of studying for my next exam and it's a bit depressing that there is seemingly so much cheating going on still.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCP, MCDST, MCSA 2K3, MCTS, MOS, MTA, MCT, MCITP:EDST7, MCSA W7, Citrix CCA, ITIL Foundation
    WIP: Nada
  20. kevicho

kevicho Gigabyte Poster

Nah, that got a nack

Certifications: A+, Net+, MCSA Server 2003, 2008, Windows XP & 7 , ITIL V3 Foundation
    WIP: CCNA Renewal