Microsoft Outlook 2010

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by Kopite_21, Aug 2, 2017.

1. Kopite_21

Kopite_21 Gigabyte Poster

Good Morning All,

I have a little issue with emails saved in the drafts and was wondering if anyone can assist.

Basically if i compose an email and save this it will show in my "Drafts" but once I am ready to send this email it is meant to move from my "Drafts into my "Sent" box but this just does not happen it stays in the "Drafts" Folder

Does anyone know how I can resolve this as I've Googled the hell out of it but cannot find anything of relevance?

Thanks in advance

Rob

Certifications: National Diploma IT Advanced ECDL
    WIP: A+
  2. zxspectrum

zxspectrum Terabyte Poster Forum Leader Gold Member

2 questions

Are drafts automatically saved to your drafts? If so, disable that and then re enable it.

Secondly, 2 you have more than one instance of outlook on another computer?

Ed

Certifications: BSc computing and information systems
    WIP: 70-680
  3. Kopite_21

Kopite_21 Gigabyte Poster

Hi zxspectram,

This may sound like a stupid question but how do I disable drafts and re-enable

2. No it's just my work PC

Thanks in advance

Certifications: National Diploma IT Advanced ECDL
    WIP: A+
  4. zxspectrum

zxspectrum Terabyte Poster Forum Leader Gold Member

I found this

https://www.technipages.com/outlook-enable-disable-autosaving

Although its for 2016, I am not fully sure if you can do it for 2010? Another thing to try is to remove the whole of outlook from the PC including the reg key, make sure you back up your emails etc, then sign in and go through the process again? Also, but I doubt this would work, try deleting the user profile and reg key, remember to back it up in case things go wrong, I dont think this last one will be needed or is the issue but it something to have a go with, also who manages the setting/policies for the computer, could it be managed by group policy? I doubt that this would be but again its another option

Ed

Certifications: BSc computing and information systems
    WIP: 70-680
  5. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Assume Outlook 2010 is cached mode. If so switch this off and see if you have the same issue.

If it works rename the .ost file and it will pull a new copy from the server which will take a few mins.

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs