microsoft exams

Discussion in 'General Microsoft Certifications' started by calitriuk, Oct 25, 2007.

1. calitriuk

calitriuk Bit Poster

hi can somebody give me a run down of the different microsoft exams and what they contain im looking at them all but to be honest theres so many

thanks

WIP: mcdst
  2. Tinus1959

Tinus1959 Gigabyte Poster

Try www.microsoft.com/learning. There you click "search for an exam", pick one of the sort orders and click the desired exam. You'll find what you need to know there.

Certifications: See my signature
    WIP: MCSD, MCAD, CCNA, CCNP
  3. Modey

Modey Terabyte Poster

It would really all depend on what area of IT you are interested in being certfied in. Another thing to bear in mind is that these types of qualifications are really meant to validate your existing skills and experience with a particular technology. eg. Windows Server 2003.

To narrow it down a little you could split quite a lot of the MS certifications into few main areas. Web Developmet / Database Management / Network Administration / Programming. I have probably missed some areas there and there is also some overlap between some of them. Once you settle on an area of IT then we could probably give you more specfic advice.

As it is, your question covers a huge scope as there are many many different exams ...

Certifications: A+, N+, MCP, MCDST, MCSA 2K3, MCTS, MOS, MTA, MCT, MCITP:EDST7, MCSA W7, Citrix CCA, ITIL Foundation
    WIP: Nada
  4. calitriuk

calitriuk Bit Poster

thanks im looking through the microsoft site now

WIP: mcdst
  5. Tinus1959

Tinus1959 Gigabyte Poster

If you have questions still, we're glad to help you.

Certifications: See my signature
    WIP: MCSD, MCAD, CCNA, CCNP
  6. TheCam

TheCam New Member

Are there specific exams you are interested in?