Mcdst 70-271

Discussion in 'MCDST' started by KatanKetz, Jun 16, 2009.

1. KatanKetz

KatanKetz New Member

Hi all,

I'm new to this, I am currently studding for a MCDST Certification, I have a few Question about the real exam

1) How many questions are there in the real exam ?

2) What is the Pass rate in the terms of percentage ?

I have been using exam simulators as-well as the On-line material provided by Microsoft, I'm averaging around 85%, I'm not sure if I'm ready for the real exam, can someone please advise me.

Thank
    :rolleyes:

2. KatanKetz

KatanKetz New Member

Not to worry i found the answers to my question in the FAQ
    any advise would be appreciated

Thank you

3. Qs

Qs Semi-Honorary Member Gold Member

1) Microsoft don't release this information. It's around 50 ish.

2) Same. Microsoft don't release this information either. It's believed to be around the 700 mark, which is roughly equal to 70%.

If you're getting decent scores on the sims then I shouldn't worry too much, just brush up on your weaker areas and go kick some ass. :)

Best of luck on the exam when you take it.

Qs

Certifications: MCT, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSA (2008), MCITP: EA, MCITP: SA, MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003, MCITP: EDA7, MCITP: EDST7, MCITP: EST Vista, MCTS: Exh 2010, MCTS:ServerVirt, MCTS: SCCM07 & SCCM2012, MCTS: SCOM07, MCTS: Win7Conf, MCTS: VistaConf, MCDST, MCP, MBCS, HND: Applied IT, ITIL v3: Foundation, CCA
  4. Qs

Out of curiosity, which sims are you currently using for practice?

Qs

Certifications: MCT, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSA (2008), MCITP: EA, MCITP: SA, MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003, MCITP: EDA7, MCITP: EDST7, MCITP: EST Vista, MCTS: Exh 2010, MCTS:ServerVirt, MCTS: SCCM07 & SCCM2012, MCTS: SCOM07, MCTS: Win7Conf, MCTS: VistaConf, MCDST, MCP, MBCS, HND: Applied IT, ITIL v3: Foundation, CCA
  5. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Actually, Microsoft DOES release this information: all passing scores are 700. However, nobody knows what the score means... it may not be anywhere even close to 70%

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  6. Qs

Pfft semantics.

The question was What is the Pass rate in the terms of percentage ?

As you said yourself, MS don't release this information, they only let you know it's 700. :p

So nya! *runs off*

Qs

7. BosonMichael

You said that it's "roughly equal to 70%". There's no proof that that's the case at all; that's what I was challenging.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
  8. dazza786

dazza786 Megabyte Poster

i'm not a maths guru.. but isnt 700 points out of 1000, 70%?:biggrin

Certifications: MCP (271, 272, 270, 290, 291, 621, 681, 685), MCDST, MCTS, MCITP, MCSA, Security+, CCA(XA6.5)
  9. Gingerdave

Gingerdave Megabyte Poster

yes but as the bumph before the exam says not all of the questions are scored, and some are weighted differently so while 70% of the total ok, what constitutes that 70% changes on a per candidate basis.

Certifications: A+,MCP, MCDST, VCP5 /VCP-DV 5, MCTS AD+ Net Inf 2008, MCSA 2008
    WIP: MCSA 2012
  10. Qs

I know, I was just trying to be a pain (it's been a while and I've missed you :p)

Qs

11. BosonMichael

That's the point. Nobody knows whether the range starts at 0 or ends at 1000. I've heard stories about people maxing all of the sections and getting 1000... but I've also heard stories about people maxing everything and getting LESS than 1000 and MORE than 1000.

Nor does anyone know if the questions are weighted, provide partial credit, or scored at all.

In short, you do yourself a disservice by aiming for 70%. You should aim for a complete understanding of the concepts, then take the exam.

12. BosonMichael

I've missed you too... and I'm all about having fun... but be careful that you don't give people who have legitimate questions the wrong idea by joking about something. ;)

13. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

if your getting 85% then you will likely pass, BTW I know someone who says he failed the 70-272 and he got just over 700.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  14. KatanKetz

KatanKetz New Member

simulator i'm using is pass4sure & TestITNow not sure how old these are

15. Qs

Oh... you mean pass4sure the braindump site?

Well good on you :rolleyes:

(See CertGuard's Review)

Qs

16. BosonMichael

...you DO know that you can be decertified for life for using those braindumps, don't you?

17. Daniel

Daniel Byte Poster

Dropped the ball there mate :thumbleft

Read what BosonMichael said, never go near braindumps, this community can tell you that right now :biggrin

Certifications: 70-270, 70-290, 70-291
    WIP: None, but learning SEO/SEM