Managing Domain workstations in AD 2003

Discussion in 'Software' started by beckyboo, Mar 13, 2009.

1. craigie

craigie Terabyte Poster

Couldn't agree more.

Certifications: CCA | CCENT | CCNA | CCNA:S | HP APC | HP ASE | ITILv3 | MCP | MCDST | MCITP: EA | MCTS:Vista | MCTS:Exch '07 | MCSA 2003 | MCSA:M 2003 | MCSA 2008 | MCSE | VCP5-DT | VCP4-DCV | VCP5-DCV | VCAP5-DCA | VCAP5-DCD | VMTSP | VTSP 4 | VTSP 5
  2. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Ok, there seems to be a lack of communication here. Who actually decided to outsource the network upgrade and who signed off the completed project?

Tbh you would be best getting the guys back in who set this up for you and get what you already have documented. Also try and get some advice on how to configure the network for your business needs just now. As this is a ‘clean’ build it’s the best time to get someone experienced to design and implement it for you based on what is already in place.

There is no point in you hacking around with the new network as it will be far too frustrating and you may actually cause some problems by accident. Just as an example if you turned up at work tomorrow and nobody could log into the network would you know where to start?

From what you have said it sounds like you have been let down by senior management and not kept in the loop whatsoever. Obviously not your fault but going forward you definitely want to have a better understanding of what has been installed, what you are responsible for and if the whole thing comes crashing down who you can call for help.

Edit: Just realised I typed “exam password” instead of “exam passed” in a previous post after I passed the 70-649, I was smashed btw when I typed that! :biggrin :biggrin

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs