Lurker turns forumite!

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by B33 ENN, Apr 15, 2013.

1. B33 ENN

B33 ENN Nibble Poster

Hello everyone,

I have been a guest reader of these forums for some time now, but have only just joined since I have been following more and more discussions of late, and one in particular has recently piqued my interest. Needless to say, I have learned a lot from the very informed and experienced membership here, and in time I hope to make myself useful by contributing something of value in return. So, as is customary, a first post with a short introduction about me:

I have a background of many years in personal computers and related technologies; but mostly as a hobbyist and enthusiast, building custom systems and simple networks for others as well as myself; and I have always been an avid PC video gamer since the early days of home computing. Just over a year ago, I considered converting that knowledge and experience into a professional calling, with a view to eventually transitioning into the IT sector. My initial interest was to take up an undergraduate degree in IT, but as a mature student returning to education, I was aware of the long-term commitment involved, and that it would take years for it to bear fruit.

After further researching the pathways for systems support and network administration roles, I chose to first focus on a more direct route with more relevant studies relating to validating practical skills. I settled on a two-tier approach of attending adult further education college courses for the vocational qualifications, and a self-paced home-study plan for acquiring industry recognised certifications. I'm currently moving onto the Microsoft MTA/MCTS phase of my journey after finishing many of the entry level steps up to and including CompTIA A+.

Certifications: ECDL, ECDL Expert | Cisco ITE | CompTIA Strata, A+ | Microsoft MTA Operating System, MTA Server Administration | CCNA Exploration
    WIP: CompTIA Network+ | Microsoft MCSA Windows 7, Server 2012 | Cisco CCENT, CCNA
  2. rocdamike

rocdamike Byte Poster Gold Member

Welcome to the forums :D

Certifications: F5 CTS, LTM | F5-CA | CCNA: Sec | CCNA: R&S | ITIL Foundation
    WIP: AWS Solutions Architect
  3. Beerbaron

Beerbaron Megabyte Poster

Welcome to CF

Certifications: BSc (Hons), MSc, ITIL v3F, MCP, MCDST, MCITP: edst7, MCTS, MCSA: Server 2003, MCSA: Windows 7, N+, NVQ IT lvl 3, MCSA Windows 7, VCP5, CCENT, CEH
    WIP: CISSP
  4. SimonV
    Honorary Member

SimonV Petabyte Poster Gold Member

Welcome to CertForums.com. good to see you here. :)

Certifications: MOS Master 2003, CompTIA A+, MCSA:M, MCSE
    WIP: Keeping CF Alive...
  5. nXPLOSi

nXPLOSi Terabyte Poster

Welcome to CF! 8)

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA 2003 (270, 290, 291), MCTS (640, 642), MCSA 2008
    WIP: MCSA 2012
  6. csx

csx Megabyte Poster

Welcome :)

Certifications: A+, Network+, 70-271 & 70-272, CCENT, VCP5-DCV and CCNA
    WIP: Citrix
  7. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Thanks for de-lurking and welcome to CF 8)

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  8. FreshenUp

FreshenUp Bit Poster

Welcome!

Certifications: A+, N+
    WIP: 70-680