1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by slimshodi, Jul 10, 2007.

1. slimshodi

slimshodi New Member

Hello everyone

Just wanted your thoughts on the following path of study..............

Yes, I know you guys will say that self study is the only way to go but I currently lack the disicipline even though I recently bought Comptia A+ Complete Study Guide Deluxe Edition and PC Technician Street Smarts.

I should really know better as I'm a former student of Amraf Training PLC. Amraf was an IT training centre who I paid £2000 to about 6/7 years ago to study for the ECDL, A+, Network + and MCSE.

Unfortunately, just after I got my "cert" for the ECDL, Amraf went into administration. The money I got back from the administrators was about £2 (I'm sure I framed the cheque)

I have a basic IT background including pascal programming which I covered in an IT introduction course at university a few years ago (yes, they stopped using pascal many years ago) but have a genuine interest in computers and would one day like to become certified in the MCSE.

Noob here so go easy me please.
    Certifications: ECDL, CITY & GUILDS IT LEVEL 1 & 2
    WIP: A+
  2. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

I lack discipline when it comes to self study, I haven't read my A+ book for a couple of days now, that's down to other things getting in the way, but I'm not going to fork out for a tutor lead course, it's going to take me longer to do my A+, but I'm going to stick at it :D
    Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009