1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

lcd telly

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by zxspectrum, Dec 28, 2008.

1. zxspectrum

zxspectrum Gigabyte Poster Premium Member

Just seen this and i am so tempted to buy it, what do you lot think, value for money???

http://www.currys.co.uk/martprd/sto...hmdcflgceggdhhmdfof.0&page=Product&sku=373916

Ed

Certifications: BSc computing and information systems
    WIP: 70-680
  2. wagnerk
    Highly Decorated Member Award

wagnerk aka kitkatninja Moderator

That make & model seem to be going for that price regardless of which supplier you go to (see Dixons for example). It looks like LG is doing a great deal on this TV as it's a new model, as the rest of their tv's are alittle more expensive.

I've got their 42" LCD TV and have had no problems with them - picture's great, so's the sound & can't complain about the amount of connectors on the back either.

-Ken

Certifications: CITP, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, PTLLS, MCT, MCITP, MCTS, MCSE, MCSA:M, MCSA, MCDST, MCP, MTA, MCAS, MOS (Master), A+, N+, S+, ACA, VCA, etc... & 2nd Degree Black Belt
    WIP: PGDip
  3. UKDarkstar
    Honorary Member

UKDarkstar Terabyte Poster

I used to be an AV reseller and would say, for LCD, look at LG and Sharp

Certifications: BA (Hons), MBCS, CITP, MInstLM, ITIL v3 Fdn, PTLLS, CELTA
    WIP: CMALT (about to submit), DTLLS (on hold until 2012)
  4. derkit

derkit Gigabyte Poster

Panasonic 32 inch here - well worth the money (even though it was a little higher than most of the competition).

Comes down to 2 things:
    1) are you going to be happy with it (whatever standard it ends up being)
    2) you get what you pay for.

Certifications: MBCS, BSc(Hons), Cert(Maths), A+, Net+, MCDST, ITIL-F v3, MCSA
    WIP: 70-293