Lab for 70-270

Discussion in 'Virtual and Cloud Computing' started by honeymonkey, Mar 29, 2009.

1. honeymonkey

honeymonkey Bit Poster

What's the best way to setup a lab for studying 70-270?

The spec of the PC I am using is as follows,

Core 2 Duo 6400 @ 2.13Ghz
    4Gb ram
    Windows 7 64bit
    VMware Workstation 6.5.1

The PC is connected via Ethernet to an ADSL router which gives out IP address using DHCP

Having spent the last couple of hours searching the forums, the only diagrams I could find involved running Server 2003 but as 70-270 is the first exam I am doing I nothing about setting up a Server 2003 machine.

Certifications: 10 meter swimming
    WIP: MCSE 2003
  2. John Neerdael

John Neerdael Nibble Poster

The exam you are studying for focuses on Windows XP in a domain enviroment. So it's still wise to setup a Server 2003 machine as domain controller. Then 1 xp machine in a virtual enviroment will probably be sufficient to practice everything on you'll be learning.

WIP: MCTS: 70-640
  3. honeymonkey

honeymonkey Bit Poster

Anyone got a quick guide for setting up a Server 2003 domain controller

4. honeymonkey

honeymonkey Bit Poster

Found a guide on the forum for installing Server 2003, so in VMware team I have Server 2003 SP2 + Windows updates applied, I have XP Pro SP3 + Windows updates applied.

I've created a LAN segment and set both machines to use it.

Whats the best way to keep the machines on a private lan and still be able to access the internet?