Just starting out on MCAD track

Discussion in 'MCAD / MCSD / MCPD' started by trb1975, Feb 12, 2008.

1. trb1975

trb1975 New Member

Hi all,

Thought I would just say hi. I am just about to embark on the MCAD VB.Net track. I decided against using a training provider such as ICS Learn, Computeach etc in favour of Self Study using books and internet resources. I have been in IT for about 8 years but only do a small amount of programming on our own language (very similar to VB). I thought getting a qualification behind me would be good.

Has anyone else just set out on the MCAD track? How are you finding it? I am starting out on the 70-306 Exam as it seemed the logical place to start.

Does anyone have any words of wisdom or advice that would start me off in good steed?

Cheers
    Tony

2. BosonJosh

BosonJosh Gigabyte Poster

I'd recommend picking up the MS Press book; it's not great, but does an adequate job of preparing you for the exam. I highly suggest following the examples and actually writing the code for the examples. The best way to prepare for the exams is to learn the .NET Framework, and that is best accomplished by using the Framework.

3. trb1975

trb1975 New Member

Hi, thanks for the advice. I have just purchased the .NET Core Requirements Self Paced Training Kit by MS Press as a starting point.

Thanks again