Junior Network Engineer / Support Desk Role

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by Mark-K, May 3, 2012.

1. Mark-K

Mark-K Bit Poster

Hi Guys,

My company is looking for a new support desk / junior engineer and since this is somewhere I started out at I thought it would be great if I looked here first!

We are a financial services network provider based in central London and have a Juniper Networks based network running various hardware like MX80/240/480, QFX3500, J6530/4350/2320, SRX100/240 and EX3200/4200.

The role will be shift based, but if the shift is out of office hours you are able to work from home. Typical tasks will be first line support of customers, dealing with 3rd party carriers and basic troubleshooting of network issues.

There is great opportunity to learn here and get hands-on access to networking devices and possibility of promotion based on exams and performance.

Please PM me if interested with your CV.

Regards

Mark

Certifications: CCNA, JNCIA, JNCIS, JNCIP
    WIP: JNCIE
  2. Coupe2T

Coupe2T Megabyte Poster

Hi Mark,

What are the shifts normally and what sort of a salary is on offer? I appreciate you probably cant give me an exact salary as it will probably depend on experience etc but ball park figures would be good? You can PM them to me if you prefer not to publish on the thread.

Cheers

J

Certifications: ECDL, Does that Count!?!
  3. Mark-K

Mark-K Bit Poster

Sent you PM about salary, we provide 24/7 support so shifts are throughout the day/night.

4. Coupe2T

Coupe2T Megabyte Poster

Thanks Mark,

I just replied to your PM.

Cheers for the Info

J

Certifications: ECDL, Does that Count!?!
  5. mitufrim

mitufrim Bit Poster

is this a helpdesk job?

or a network engineer job?

also how much is the salary and what is day to day work like and what kind of work will you be doing.

6. Mark-K

Mark-K Bit Poster

It's a helpdesk role so the main day to day work will be checking emails, taking phonecalls and monitoring the network. But we are a relatively small company so there is great opportunity to learn and do more if you want to take it. For example I started about 30 months ago in this role and I am now one of the senior engineers in the company.

Other than the hardware listed above, you will be able to get experience with OSPF, IPv6, BGP, MPLS, RSVP, BFD, MVPN, VPLS & L3VPN which I why I am aiming at a junior network engineer rather than just a basic helpdesk person as I think it is a wasted opportunity otherwise! :)