ITIL V3 - beyond the Foundation Certificate

Discussion in 'Other IT certifications' started by UKDarkstar, Jan 27, 2009.

1. UKDarkstar
    Honorary Member

UKDarkstar Terabyte Poster

As many will know, studying ITIL for anything after the Foundation Certificate requires following a specific course as opposed to self study just from books.

However, this does not mean that you have to attend a classroom based course. Qualifying online studies are also permitted.

Many training companies have not yet prepared for this and, indeed, not all the examination subjects are even available yet.

However, Australian trainer The Art of Service look like they could be leading the way.

I received one of their marketing e-shots today which advised :

ITIL Expert - and no classroom in sight!

Due to the success we have with our ITIL V2 Practitioner eLearning programs, our Learning and Development team are now creating all ITIL V3 Intermediate Programs as eLearning Programs. Student with sufficient prerequisites (ITIL V3 Foundation, or ITIL V2 Foundation + ITIL V3 Foundation Bridge certificates) can sign up for these programs via our eLearning portal.

This way you can achieve your ITIL V3 Expert Certificate without attending a class. The benefits being that you can study when it is most convenient for you, no need to travel, and you study at your own pace.

Further information can be found here : http://theartofservice.net/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=153&Itemid=77

Hope that's of interest to those who may be thinking about taking ITIL V3 studies a bit further

Certifications: BA (Hons), MBCS, CITP, MInstLM, ITIL v3 Fdn, PTLLS, CELTA
    WIP: CMALT (about to submit), DTLLS (on hold until 2012)
  2. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Cool, that in conjunction with online test would be great :)

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  3. dalsoth

dalsoth Kilobyte Poster

Not sure i will be taking my ITIL further any time in the near future as i am only just recovering.

I used this company and it's E-learning portal which is a Moodle site to study for the exam. I purchased the book Complete Certification Kit which gave me access to the online course. This was basically some flash powerpoint type lessons but were very useful to pass the exam.

I know they were upgrading/updating them but i was about to take my exam so knew it would not really affect me.

Will check the site out again, thanks for the link.

Certifications: MCSE, MCP, MCDST, MCSA, ITIL v3
    WIP: MCITP EA
  4. itSMSolutionrick

itSMSolutionrick Banned

In addition to the Art of Service, itSM Solutions LLC (www.itsmsolutions.com) also provides accredited (ISEB) video based online instructor lectures, student courseware and exams to prepare for your ITIL Certifications. Samples of the online instructor lectures and student courseware can be found at http://www.itsmsolutions.com/products.asp

We also offer a free weekly newsletter called the DITY (Do IT Yourself) which provides FREE practical advice on the key topics in ITIL and ITSM.

rick

Certifications: ITIL Foundation
    WIP: ITIL Expert
  5. UKDarkstar
    Honorary Member

UKDarkstar Terabyte Poster

Ah but are you offering the new exams for ITIL V3 ? i.e. you actually have them ready now ? If so, great ! :biggrin

Certifications: BA (Hons), MBCS, CITP, MInstLM, ITIL v3 Fdn, PTLLS, CELTA
    WIP: CMALT (about to submit), DTLLS (on hold until 2012)