1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ITIL results - time frame to receive them

Discussion in 'Service Management Frameworks' started by jb87, Oct 19, 2012.

1. jb87

jb87 New Member

I went on an ITIL Foundation 3 day course with a training provider this week (Tuesday-Thursday). Done my exam on Thursday afternoon.

Forgot to ask the trainer when the results will be sent to us. The exam board is BCS/ISEB. I think it will be marked by computer, as we needed to fill in the box using a pencil on the answer sheet (similar to the ones people use when doing the National Lottery).

If you guys had an exam with that exam board, how many days/weeks did you get an email or letter from BCS/ISEB regarding your result?

How are the results presented? - as a mark (e.g. 30/40), percentage (95%), or a score (e.g. 90/100).

Hope you guys can help.
  2. shadowwebs

shadowwebs Megabyte Poster Forum Leader

I have not done the ITIL exam, but I thought it would have been an instant result like so many other exams are these days... that's a bit annoying that you have to wait to find out in today's world.

Which training provider did you use and were the training materials good?
    Certifications: compTIA A+, Apple Certified Technical Coordinator 10.10 (OS X Yosemite, Server and Support)
  3. jb87

jb87 New Member

I used 'The Knowledge Academy'. The training materials were good.

The exam was paper based, not online, so no instant results.
  4. SimonD

SimonD Terabyte Poster Moderator

Up to a month I seem to recall, I got mine in about 2 weeks.
    Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA
    WIP: VCP6-CMA, VCAP-DCD and Linux + (and possibly VCIX-NV).