ITIL Foundation results???

Discussion in 'Service Management Frameworks' started by Juelz, Oct 12, 2015.

1. Juelz

Juelz Gigabyte Poster

I'm not sure whether I'm understanding this properly as I haven't been able to find a solid answer. Do I get my results straight a way or not? I'm doing this at a prometric test centre and not EXIN anywhere.. on the prometric site it says result time depends on the exam taken, and doesn't indicate the result time-scale of ITIL foundation.

EDIT:

I found this on the EXIN website
    "
    When will I receive my result?
    This depends on several aspects.

After you have finished a web based exam, you will immediately receive a temporary result.
    Please note that all exam information needs to be sent to EXIN by your Exam Center. Upon receipt of this information your final exam result will be processed and sent to you by email.

A paper based exam takes more time to process, because EXIN needs to receive your answer form from your Exam Center.
    Your final result can only be provided when you have confirmed your personal details. When you have not received an email requesting confirmation, please contact EXIN. The email will then be (re)sent to you."

As far as I know, this exam will be taken on a computer not paper.. so not sure where I stand

Last edited: Oct 12, 2015
  2. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

Yes it depends on whether you're sitting a computer or paper based exam.

If it's computer you should get the results straight away, if it's paper based it could take up to a couple of weeks.

Paper based exams are usually for those who are doing on-site training and testing although I have been at training centres who started out using paper based testing and moved to computer based.

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA