1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

IT training regulator

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by MarcoPolo, Oct 14, 2004.

1. MarcoPolo

MarcoPolo New Member

Aaaargh, does anyone know if there is such a thing as an IT training regulator? I mean as in British telecom have Offcom, I want to complain profusely about a training provider but who can I complain to?
    WIP: A+ & MCSE
  2. AJ

AJ Administrator Administrator

I don't think that there is mate. You couls always try Trading Standards or even BBC Watchdog

Don't know if thats any good but HTH [​IMG]
    Certifications: MCSE, MCSA (messaging), ITIL Foundation v3
    WIP: Looking at doing ..................
  3. shaunyboy

shaunyboy Nibble Poster

Definately follow AJ's advice; Also, check who the company affiliates themselves with eg e-skills, institute of IT training, Open and Distance Learning Quality Council etc. They may be able to offer advice on recourse and need to be kept informed of companies that tarnish their name thru affiliation.

'Which' consumer magazine is currently very interested in the practices of one company based in Dudley and can be found with a quick Google. 'Which' sometimes take the company concerned to task or they can offer advice to the individual.

Feel free to PM me if you want,

Certifications: A+, MCSA, MCSE
    WIP: Exchange
  4. Sarah

Sarah Byte Poster

Hi there,
    No we don't have a reg. body.
    However training companies are afiliated or partnered to the software vendors/exam boards for example Microsoft, Comptia - so they kind of regulate. I know thiws post was a while back but if you looking to still complain let me know which course it was and ill give you the number to ring.