IT Support Companies

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by ximaginex, Nov 24, 2009.

1. ximaginex

ximaginex Bit Poster

Hi All,
    Can anyone help me with the following; someone has asked me if I know of a London based IT company that offers IT Support. Although I work in the industry I'm not aware of any good companies as I have never had a need to use them! I can do some research but they all say they are the best at what they do.... :blink I wondered if anyone has worked/working or has used a company that they would recommend.
    The person in question has a small business employing 15 people based in London, currently hosting the servers in house, running exchange, Vista on both desktop and laptops and use Blackberry handheld's.

They would ideally like a call out time of between 2-3 hours.

Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. :)

Certifications: MCSA, ITIL Foundation
    WIP: MCSE
  2. Josiahb

Josiahb Gigabyte Poster

I'm just north of London and can give you a couple of names, neither are based in London but both very good at what they do.

Lede Ltd

and

Tristar Web Solutions

Theres ISC as well, not sure where they are based and can't speak for their quality but I think they are a larger outfit than the 2 above.

Certifications: A+, Network+, MCDST, ACA – Mac Integration 10.10
  3. ximaginex

ximaginex Bit Poster

Thanks Josiahb you for the info, I'll take a look at their websites. Cheers :D

4. UKDarkstar
    Honorary Member

UKDarkstar Terabyte Poster

Also, don't forget that many companies will use remote support as a first choice these days.

I can vouch for Sytec who, although based in Salisbury, Wilts, deal with clients all over the UK and abroad and have clients of all sizes.

Used to contract to them and have also contracted them to me in my former business and know the MD there very well. No hesitation in recommending them and I know they have several London clients.

Certifications: BA (Hons), MBCS, CITP, MInstLM, ITIL v3 Fdn, PTLLS, CELTA
    WIP: CMALT (about to submit), DTLLS (on hold until 2012)
  5. ximaginex

ximaginex Bit Poster

Thank you Darkstar, thats excellent. Its always nice to know someone recommends them, I'll give them a call. Many Thanks

6. itskillsguy

itskillsguy Nibble Poster

Use a comptia member - they have certified staff and are accredited by CompTIA. The Support Store is one of the best IT Service providers i know.

Rod Reed is the MD and he would be more than happy to help.