1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

IT Support Analyst telephone interview

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by liam evans, Oct 19, 2010.

1. liam evans

liam evans New Member

Hi all,

I have a telephone interview soon for a IT Support Analyst job that requires I have access to a windows operated computer. As this is my first interview and I have no previous IT related work experience, I just
    wondered what they might ask me to do with the windows operated computer to test my capabilities.

Job requirements are that I have a sound technical grounding, including a good understanding of networking principles and Microsoft server and desktop environments.

Any help would be appreciated as I have been trying to get an IT job for a while now since I completed my IT
    degree.

Thanks

2. dales

dales Gigabyte Poster

they might want to link you up to a webex or remote control session to run through a basic lab or something, but then again they might not!

Certifications: vExpert 2014+2015+2016,VCP-DT,CCE-V, CCE-AD, CCP-AD, CCEE, CCAA XenApp, CCA Netscaler, XenApp 6.5, XenDesktop 5 & Xenserver 6,VCP3+5,VTSP,MCSA MCDST MCP A+ ITIL F
    WIP: Nothing
  3. BosonMichael
    Highly Decorated Member Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

They could ask you anything related to what they expect you to do on a daily basis. The thing is, nobody's going to be able to tell you what they'll ask you, because every employer is different - each has their own criteria for what they expect a tech to know. There's not a cut-and-dried standard.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  4. kevndcks

kevndcks Bit Poster

I suspect remote troubleshooting since the role is an support analyst. Either that or they could test for general networking tool knowledge such as the ipconfig, nbtstat, tracert, etc. I have noticed in support roles they make the point of "general TCP/ IP working knowledge".