Interview Questions

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by adencool, Oct 11, 2010.

1. adencool

adencool Bit Poster

i went for a interview last week (second level server admin), one question i was during this is what is rfc951, at the time i didnt have a clue as to what this referred to. and to be far,off the top of my head i could only state what rfc 791 & 937 are.

am in a minorty here, do people really memorise all of these rfc's?

Certifications: HNC,Mcdst,MCITP:SA,MCTS,MCSA
    WIP: mcitp:ea
  2. westernkings

westernkings Gigabyte Poster

Seems like the interviewer wanted to be a bell end tbh, anyone can pluck stuff out of thin air that someone else is unlikely to ever know, what he happened to choose was also something that is absolutely never going to crop up under that name or even in general.

It's out of date and irrelivent. Sounds like he got on Wikipedia in an attempt to sound like a "manager".

I wouldn't worry about it mate, it's unlikely to ever be asked of you again.

Certifications: MCITP:VA, MCITP:EA, MCDST, MCTS, MCITP:EST7, MCITP:SA, PRINCE2, ITILv3
  3. dazza786

dazza786 Megabyte Poster

What my main man said above ^^ 8) ..bar the spelling mistakes :p

Certifications: MCP (271, 272, 270, 290, 291, 621, 681, 685), MCDST, MCTS, MCITP, MCSA, Security+, CCA(XA6.5)
  4. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Nope. And I can guarantee that your inept interviewer didn't have it memorized!

The only RFC that I can recall off the top of my head is RFC1918, and that's only because I've written a blue million questions on private IP addresses.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  5. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

What?? um no, i dont memorise RFC numbers, i understand the concepts. This guy was a. um for want of a better word.. twot. :dry

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)