Interesting

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by nugget, Jun 10, 2008.

1. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

Strange. At the moment the Euro 2008 is in full swing and there's not a peep about football from anyone.

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  2. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

Except me :)

Spain were friggin awesome today - pleeeeeease let this be the tournament that we finally do something in! Usually I have two lots of under-achievers to get pissed off with - I guess at least this time if Spain disappoint me I won't have to worry about England getting knocked out by the Germans!

Certifications: A few
    WIP: None - f*** 'em
  3. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

True, the Russians were just totally outclassed by Spain.

They look like they could make it to the final. Would make things interesting.

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
  4. rax

rax Megabyte Poster

Makes a refreshing change from having the media ram England down our throats. England get way over-hyped in every tournament and then it's this massive sham/point the finger when they get beat by the better team.

Certifications: ITIL v3 Foundation, CompTIA Network+
  5. delorean

delorean Megabyte Poster

GO SPAIN!!!!

What a result yesterday!!! I can't wait for the Sweden game on Saturday! If we play like that throughout the tournament (besides some sloppy defending in the second half) I reckon this year is our year FINALLY!*

VISCA ESPANA! ESPANA PARA SIEMPRE!!!!!!!!!!!!

*since 1964 anyway!

Certifications: A+, MCP 70-270, 70-290, 70-291
    WIP: 70-680, S+, MCSA, MCSE, CCNA
  6. dingy

dingy Bit Poster

We're still getting it.Turned on the tv to watch the Holland vs Italy game on ITV and what did we get before the game? An interview with Fabio Capello.:shocked WTF A game between the world champions and one of the most exciting teams in the world and they show an interview with a guy whose team are watching it on tv like the rest of us.

Certifications: A+,N+,MCDST
    WIP: Relax
  7. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Wonder who the Scottish guys are on here, oh.. ...wait a minute... ...there they are! :biggrin

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  8. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

LOL - after this evening's festivities... where's kobem?

:biggrin

9. rax

rax Megabyte Poster

:D

I'm just pointing out that it gets a little ridiculous every time England have a team/person in a tournament. Mars being renamed to "Believe" was almost laughable.

Not to mention that every time England lose out, they try to point the finger at somebody else, for e.g. Sven OR OR, the more laughable one, Ronaldo! I couldn't believe it, they actually tried to say that his "winding up" Rooney cost them the game. Please.. Rooney hadn't scored a goal for the entire tourney (can see why he was frustrated, all that hype) so I dare say he would have made a difference then. :p

Certifications: ITIL v3 Foundation, CompTIA Network+
  10. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Vanished into some networking books I hope :)

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  11. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Oh, please, no... :unsure

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  12. dingy

dingy Bit Poster

Just watch a game and see how long it takes the pundits or the commentators to mention England.It's unbelievable,you could watch a game between Outer Mongolia and Tibet and they would still find a way to mention England or the Premiership or 3 English teams in the Champions League semis:biggrin
    I have to say though it's a good job we didn't make it because after the long season Rangers had half the squad would be knackered,but of course that wouldn't stop us believing this was the tournament we would show we are the best team in the world:rolleyes:

Certifications: A+,N+,MCDST
    WIP: Relax
  13. Ropenfold

Ropenfold Kilobyte Poster

I'm enjoying the fact I put on the news and there's no reports of massive crowd trouble and pictures of plastic chairs been thrown , no (as far as I can hear) booing of national anthems and usual 'we can win it' rubbish from the rag papers. It would be the usual rubbish from England if we were there, the players just don't have the technique

Spain were awsome but I think they'll fail in the knockouts, Holland were awsome against the Italians.

Certifications: BSC (Hons), A+, MCDST, N+, 70-270, 98-364, CLF-C01
    WIP: ISC2 CC, Security+
  14. Ropenfold

Ropenfold Kilobyte Poster

I'm enjoying the fact I put on the news and there's no reports of massive crowd trouble and pictures of plastic chairs been thrown , no (as far as I can hear) booing of national anthems and usual 'we can win it' rubbish from the rag papers.

Spain were awsome but I think they'll fail in the knockouts, Holland were awsome against the Italians.

Certifications: BSC (Hons), A+, MCDST, N+, 70-270, 98-364, CLF-C01
    WIP: ISC2 CC, Security+
  15. delorean

delorean Megabyte Poster

I know, it even happens on ESPN here. I do follow both England & Spain 50/50 at every game, but when England are not in a tournament and they just go on and on and on it just gets irritating.

Anyway, SPAIN TO WIN YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

16. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

Let's not talk about that.:cry:

It was a reasonably good game up until the last 2 minutes. Why Benaglio didn't put his hand up to knock the ball up, I'll never know. He just jumped and watched the ball cruise over his head into the goal.:cry:

Quite fitting that Hakan Yakin scored the goal for us though.:twisted:

17. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Think Rangers played about 5000 games this season! :eek:

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  18. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

Whilst the agreeable soul within me couldn't possibly take issue with the sentiment of your comment, alas, the pedant within me has taken over... and would like to point out that you could not, in fact, watch a game between Outer Mongolia and Tibet whilst waiting for the jingoism of English commentators to rear its head. This is because there is no such country as Outer Mongolia any more, and because Tibet are not members of FIFA.

I thank you.

PS: I have eliminated the end of your post in my quote because, quite frankly, it had no place next to such a sensible comment as your earlier one.

19. delorean

delorean Megabyte Poster

My biased prediction for Spain vs Sweden = 3-2 to Spain.

I have a feeling Lundberg and Ibrahimovich will make themselves known in this one. Torres, Villa and Senna to score the 3 for Spain.

I feel this match will be no pushover but Spain can and will do it!!!!!!

20. Mr.Cheeks

Mr.Cheeks 1st ever Gold Member! Gold Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

...and thats my bit for this tournament