Inspired by simongrahamuk...

Discussion in 'Windows 7 / 8 /10 Client Exams' started by delorean, Apr 9, 2008.

1. delorean

delorean Megabyte Poster

I went out on a limb today and decided to make use of the MS 2nd shot offer and booked the 70-270!

Warn me for being foolish but i've used XP since the 'Whistler' days and feel I have a good enough grasp of the OS and the exam requirements to get this sucker passed by the end of the month, and if I don't, heck I get a free shot at it again!

I've got a 70-270 book on order express so should have it within a few days or so. I figured what the hell, it's worth a go no!? I don't think i'd be so keen to try this method with the other exams I am looking to take and obviously do not suggest this is the way everyone should approach there exams (I hope I don't come across as being cocky) but this one I have a good feeling I can do it!

Wish me luck! :oops:

Certifications: A+, MCP 70-270, 70-290, 70-291
    WIP: 70-680, S+, MCSA, MCSE, CCNA
  2. Modey

Modey Terabyte Poster

Fair play to you mate and each to their own. I prefer to study really hard and get it right the first time, which has worked for me so far. There is always a first time though ... and that's when second shot would be handy I guess. I think I had it available on my 290 which was nice feeling to know it was there, but not on any of my others.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCP, MCDST, MCSA 2K3, MCTS, MOS, MTA, MCT, MCITP:EDST7, MCSA W7, Citrix CCA, ITIL Foundation
    WIP: Nada
  3. delorean

delorean Megabyte Poster

Thanks mate. I totally agree with the studying process, I busted my hump for months on the A+ to make sure I got it and thankfully did. It's just with the 70-270 I feel I could take this one pretty confidently with just brushing up on certain areas. Of course if I fail i'll be gutted and it's money down the drain, but I think the experience of taking a Microsoft exam will be very rewarding and helpful to future Microsoft exams I will be taking further down the line. As stated in the original post, I'd never dream of attempting this on anything else I have planned on my certification track.

Plus the other reason is I wanted to get in before the 2nd shot offer expires, it's not often Microsoft gives us a good deal! Hehe. :)

4. Modey

Modey Terabyte Poster

Yeah, I guess it can be a little daunting taking your first MS exam, even if you are confident with the material. I know I felt that way, but that was probably because I had really bad toothache the weekend before my 270, then emergency dental surgery the day before to remove a tooth and didn't manage to do any revision those three days before. It would have been a real pain to re-schedule it as well since it fitted in with work well at the time. Luckily I passed it. :)

Funnily enough, I was actually docked a days pay on the Monday when I had to have the tooth out. This was from a company were I had worked my arse off for almost four years and had about 2-3 days of sick during that time. I was well rid of them. :)

Certifications: A+, N+, MCP, MCDST, MCSA 2K3, MCTS, MOS, MTA, MCT, MCITP:EDST7, MCSA W7, Citrix CCA, ITIL Foundation
    WIP: Nada
  5. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

good luck to you. 8)

One key thing I will say to you is make sure that you know all about the different ways of installing xp, and read the questions very carefully. Sometimes the answer is in the wording of the question - very clever! :biggrin

6. delorean

delorean Megabyte Poster

Thanks for the votes of confidence all, was afraid I may be chastised for not taking the correct approach for this exam!

Fingers crossed I come out with a pass, but heck, if I don't at least I'll know which weak areas I need to focus on. I think it's worth a shot... or a second shot even (boom! boom!). :D

p.s: If I don't pass, it's simongrahamuk's fault! :police