Important Confirmation & Request

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by markpearson, May 8, 2005.

1. markpearson

markpearson New Member

Hello everyone, Mark here.

'First of all, I would like to say that I have found all of your advise both on the forum and private to be very helpfull.

But I have a concern and would like to address this below :

As the 'names of the provider' have been removed from the previous thread.

*I find I must confirm that the P Black that I have spoken to from Nitlc has NO relation to the (pblack666) on the previous thread..

If this was left unexplained it could be very damaging to him, Can I suggest that the thread be removed for this reason.

Now onto other matters. Could anyone possibly explain why I should look at a vendor qualification, as oppose to a Degree?

Is the Vendor qualification more respected?

I look forward to your replies.

Mark Pearson

2. markpearson

markpearson New Member

Adendum.

By 'vendor' qualification I do mean from a company such as 'Microsoft' etc.

I am sure a great deal of you already know that.

Mark

3. drum_dude

drum_dude Gigabyte Poster

A Degree is Academic and involves a 3-6 year commitment!

A Vendor Qualification is Vocational, and possibly more related and usefull to those who want to be in a hands-on IT job!

There is no argument between either, as they both address different aspirations and different sides of the brain!

However, they both have one thing in common! They're both subject to the empty promises spouted out by their providers i.e. people expect to walk into high paying jobs upon completion.

If I was you I would search this forum, then search the net and then make up your own mind!

Can we forget the pblack thing too? Please!

Certifications: MCP, MCSA 2000 , N+, A+ ,ITIL V2, MCTS, MCITP Lync 2010 & MCSA 2008, Sonus SATP SBC 1k/2k
    WIP: Hopefully Skype for Business and some Exchange stuff...
  4. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

Right on.

There's something to be said for both types of study.
    An academic course at a college or university tends to go into more theory and history. A vendor qualifiaction is more 'hands on'. Obviously a bit of both is ideal.
    Someone who has just done a college course might lack some of the real world experince, whereas someone who has just passed a Microsoft exam might not necessarily know what's going on in theory.
    I wish I'd done and IT course at university and then gone on to do an MCSE/MCSD to end up with the best of both worlds.

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD