1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Implementing Hard Drives.....

Discussion in 'A+' started by donpisci, Apr 22, 2007.

1. donpisci

donpisci Bit Poster

Hey Everyone,

I'm currently studying for my A+ Essentials exam using Mike Myers exam guide (6th ed.) and in the chapter about implementing hard drives, there aren't any sub-sections named 'essentials' or 'IT Technician', there is only 'History/Conceptual' and 'Beyond A+'.

At the beginning of the book, Mike Myers says that for my exam, I only have to worry about the 'essentials' and 'IT technician' sections, so does this mean I don't have to read about partitions, formatting and things like that?

Thanks!

Certifications: BSc (Hons)
    WIP: Diploma in Business Analysis
  2. Raffaz

Raffaz Kebab Lover Gold Member

I havent done the 2006 objectives, the 2003 objectives had stuff on partitions etc. I reckon you should definately read it, partitioning and formatting etc are to important to just skip. Im sure someone who has done the 2006 objectives will confirm this tho.

Certifications: A+, MCP, MCDST, AutoCAD
    WIP: Rennovating my house
  3. donpisci

donpisci Bit Poster

Ok then, I suppose it was just wishful thinking that I could skip it!:biggrin

Thanks for the advice though!

Certifications: BSc (Hons)
    WIP: Diploma in Business Analysis
  4. shaggy

shaggy Byte Poster

My advice, Why skip anything? you will use everything you can learn from that book in real life eventually

when i take notes from the chapters i still write down bits from the history/conceptual and beyond A+ bits, the more you know the less likely you will come across a question you cant answer

Certifications: BND ICT Systems Support and Networking
    WIP: A+