I'm new too.

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by cablemaster, Apr 10, 2005.

1. cablemaster

cablemaster New Member

Hi all, I am new here as well. I am looking at wanting to get my mcse. I would like to get it by the end of the year. I am in need of very cheap or even better free study guides or matterials any help in this area would be great.

Thanks Mike

2. AJ

AJ 01000001 01100100 01101101 01101001 01101110 Administrator

Welcome to the forum. for further advice, have a look see in our training and developement forum for other tips. :biggrin

Certifications: MCSE, MCSA (messaging), ITIL Foundation v3
    WIP: Breathing in and out, but not out and in, that's just wrong
  3. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Hi and welcome to CF from me too, cablemaster.

Firstly, it's highly unlikely that you can do your MCSE for next to nothing, as you'll need at least the very basics of study texts (and least some decent supplements as well). Then there's the costs of the exams so from all of the above, your looking at a bare minimum of, I'd guess, £1500-2000, and thats you flying solo. It's naturally far cheaper than what a structured course from a training provider would offer, which would be in the region of around £3,500-4,000, but with that you get various levels of support and possibly some hands-on training as well.

Of course, all of this is dependent on how much knowledge and experience you currently have, and I'd say that unless you already possess a large body of experience and day-to-day working knowledge of the subjects involved in the MCSE, then from now till the end of the year is probably more than a tad optimistic for a timescale.

However, don't be put off by this - as AJ says, read around our Boards, and find out more from other Members' experiences so far, then maybe re-assess your targets, and start from that view point.

And as always, the Guys around here will always be willing to help with any questions and queries you come up with.

Good luck :)

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  4. punkboy101
    Honorary Member

punkboy101 Back from the wilderness

Hi Cablemaster, welcome to CF. :D

Certifications: CCNA
    WIP: Nada
  5. drum_dude

drum_dude Gigabyte Poster

You only get out what you put in!

Certifications: MCP, MCSA 2000 , N+, A+ ,ITIL V2, MCTS, MCITP Lync 2010 & MCSA 2008, Sonus SATP SBC 1k/2k
    WIP: Hopefully Skype for Business and some Exchange stuff...
  6. NightWalker

NightWalker Gigabyte Poster

Welcome to CF :)
    Give your local college a call. The one near me offers MCSA training in a series of block weeks for a very good price. Its not quite MCSE , but a good step in the right direction. I do agree with drum_dude, you only get out what you put in. Maybe a career development loan would work for you. It wont cost you a penny for two years. Hopefully by then you will be Microsoft Certified and earning a good wage and can pay back your loan. Spend some time looking in to different training providers, then decide what would work best for you.

Certifications: A+, Network+, MCP, MCSA:M 2003, ITIL v3 Foundation
  7. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

Hi and welcome to the forum.:D

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685