IE problem.

Discussion in 'Software' started by flex22, Jun 27, 2004.

1. flex22

flex22 Gigabyte Poster

Strange things happening with Internet Explorer.

If I right click a link and choose 'Open in New Window' it doesn't.

It simply opens a new page using the current Window, and the back button option is greyed out, so i can't even get back to the previous page quickly.

Also, when I try the shortcut Ctrl +N to open a new window, it tries, but fails.
    The original window stays intact.I tried clicking IE icon on my desktop, but it won't allow more than one instance of IE to open.

The only thing I've changed recently is installing the latest version of yahoo messenger.
    Can't think how that would cause this though, but will look into it.

Any thoughts:blink

2. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Not sure what gives with that behaviour but I would suggest that anything strange or unusual could be because of addware/spyware/virus, at least that is always my first suspicion [​IMG]

Have you tried Mozilla Firefox Flex? Since I reverted to Mozilla and it's tabs I haven't looked back. Seems to work well with the new forum software too thankfully and it is faster than the bloated IE!

Pete

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  3. flex22

flex22 Gigabyte Poster

I have mozilla yes, but haven't used it for a bit now.
    Don't know why, it is brilliant.Just that I'm so used to IE that it's almost automatic that I enter the internet using it.

I will egt back to mozilla and explore it more though, thanks for the reminder.

I'm going run a scan to detect spyware or virus's, because this particular problemo is bugging the heck out of me:twisted:

4. flex22

flex22 Gigabyte Poster

Sorted this.
    I ran adaware and found quite a few mines.Blasted them.

Ran AVG but no virus's were found, therefore it must have been caused by the mines.

Anyway it's working again now, thank heavans.

Thansk for the advice Bluerinse:D