IE 6 or 7??

Discussion in 'MCDST' started by nsctcomp03, Jun 3, 2008.

1. nsctcomp03

nsctcomp03 New Member

Hello everyone, I haven't had the chance to read through all the posts so I don't know if this has been addressed, but I am getting ready to take the 70-271 and I need to know if anyone who has taken it recently can tell me if they test over Internet Explorer 6 or 7? There are a couple of differences in the internet options...and a correct answer covering 6 may be false for 7. Sorry if this is a repeat question, I just don't have alot of time because of the preperation for the exam. Thanks for everyones help.

BC

Certifications: A+
    WIP: MCDST
  2. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Hi Welcome :)

I can't answer your question as I am not that far into my studies yet but someone will probably come along in a bit who will know.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  3. GiddyG

GiddyG Terabyte Poster Gold Member

A lot of the stuff in IE6 is also found in IE7. I would suggest that 272, rather than 271, may be the exam you'd find more to do with IE.

I would also suggest that IE6 is the version you'd be looking to concentrate on anyway in both.

4. craigie

craigie Terabyte Poster

I recently sat the 70-271 and did not have a single IE question.

I have IE7 installed on my PC, but when I was revising just tried to remember the IE6 parts which where slightly different (just in case).

If I had to guess I would say that IE6 would be more relevant, but without actually having any questions in my Exam its hard to tell.

Certifications: CCA | CCENT | CCNA | CCNA:S | HP APC | HP ASE | ITILv3 | MCP | MCDST | MCITP: EA | MCTS:Vista | MCTS:Exch '07 | MCSA 2003 | MCSA:M 2003 | MCSA 2008 | MCSE | VCP5-DT | VCP4-DCV | VCP5-DCV | VCAP5-DCA | VCAP5-DCD | VMTSP | VTSP 4 | VTSP 5
  5. derkit

derkit Gigabyte Poster

When I did my 271 and 272 (see sig for dates) IE6 was the only one I had questions on.

Certifications: MBCS, BSc(Hons), Cert(Maths), A+, Net+, MCDST, ITIL-F v3, MCSA
    WIP: 70-293
  6. nsctcomp03

nsctcomp03 New Member

Thanks everyone. That really helps because I have been going over some review questions, and there are some discrepancies I have found with the suggested answers between IE 6 and 7...but I think I am just going to concentrate on 6, and hopefully everything will be fine. Thanks again!

Certifications: A+
    WIP: MCDST
  7. Methodman85

Methodman85 Byte Poster

I would Definitely say IE6. Although you probably won't get very many on the 271, and if you do they will most likely apply to both 6 and 7, such as questions regarding security zones etc... which don't change between 6 and 7. The 272 focuses more on IE config etc, and my Sybex book only refers to IE6 in regards to that.

Certifications: MCTS, MCSE, MCSA:M, CCNA, MCDST, N+
    WIP: 70-680
  8. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

The 272 focuses on IE6 and nothing to do with IE7.

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685