1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ID Ten T Error

Discussion in 'Just for Laughs' started by damienj3, Mar 11, 2007.

1. damienj3

damienj3 Byte Poster

I’d like to share a little anecdote that happened in the office the other day. Young Joanne, the editor of a Yorkie publication, was having trouble with her computer.
    So she called Tim, the computer guy, over to her desk. Tim clicked a couple buttons and solved the problem. As he was walking away, Joanne called after him, 'So, what was wrong?'
    And he replied, 'It was an ID ten T error.'
    A puzzled expression ran riot over Joanne’s face. 'An ID ten T error? What’s that ... in case I need to fix it again??'
    He gave her a grin... ;-) ... 'Haven’t you ever heard of an ID ten T error before?'
    'No,' replied Joanne.
    'Write it down,' he said, 'and I think you’ll figure it out.'
    (She wrote...) I D 1 0 T

Certifications: mcse
    WIP: MCSE 2003
  2. Fergal1982

Fergal1982 Petabyte Poster

yeah ive heard that before. that and pebcak are common phrases

Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
    WIP: None at present
  3. wagnerk
    Highly Decorated Member Award

wagnerk aka kitkatninja Moderator

Nice one, I'm going to have to remember this one when logging/closing jobs, better than writing "User error" :)

-Ken

Certifications: CITP, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, PTLLS, MCT, MCITP, MCTS, MCSE, MCSA:M, MCSA, MCDST, MCP, MTA, MCAS, MOS (Master), A+, N+, S+, ACA, VCA, etc... & 2nd Degree Black Belt
    WIP: PGDip
  4. Fergal1982

if you are going to write it in a report, id use
    ID-10-T - makes it less obvious

Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
  5. wagnerk

Yeah, I wouldn't want the IT manager to see that, oh wait a minute I am the IT manager :lol: OK, I guess it's that fact that we have an online helpdesk system and staff can see what we write about the jobs :)

-ken

Certifications: CITP, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, PTLLS, MCT, MCITP, MCTS, MCSE, MCSA:M, MCSA, MCDST, MCP, MTA, MCAS, MOS (Master), A+, N+, S+, ACA, VCA, etc... & 2nd Degree Black Belt
  6. Fergal1982

doesnt your tracking system have a 'private' option? most have the ability to add IT only notes to the account. should the customer ever view the call they wont see that note.

7. wagnerk

To be honest I don't know, I haven't had time to delve deep into our helpdesk system - it's the case of too much work, not enough staff. We don't get alot of technical support as it's a free helpdesk system.

-ken

8. SimonV

SimonV Petabyte Poster Administrator

As a joke I'll tell some of our users that there was an error between the chair and the keyboard! :)

Certifications: MOS Master 2003, CompTIA A+, MCSA:M, MCSE
    WIP: Keeping CF Alive...