1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ICND 1 Simulations?

Discussion in 'General Cisco Certifications' started by pete.grant, Feb 25, 2009.

1. pete.grant

pete.grant Byte Poster

Hi all,

Currently studying towards CCNA but have chosen to go down the route of taking the two ICND exams. I just wondred, are there any simulation questions in the ICND 1 exam?

Certifications: A+ IT Technician, CCENT, CEH, CPTS, CIW Security Analyst, ITIL v3 Foundation, Master CIW Administrator, MCITP (Windows Server 2008:SA), MCSA on Windows Server 2008, MCSA:Security on Windows Server 2003, MCTS (70-648, 70-652), Network+, SCNS, Security+, Server+
  2. sureshot111

sureshot111 New Member

Be prepared for 50 questions with around 5 or 6 simulations requiring you to apply basic configuration to routers. Things like changing hostnames, ip addressing, as well as finding out information about connected devices. You will need to be familiar with entering commands and navigating around the IOS.

I suggest you get yourself a Boson Netsim

http://www.boson.com/Product/CIS-NS-640802-01.html

3. pete.grant

pete.grant Byte Poster

Thanks very much for the info - currently using Boson NetSim and am finding it very useful!

Certifications: A+ IT Technician, CCENT, CEH, CPTS, CIW Security Analyst, ITIL v3 Foundation, Master CIW Administrator, MCITP (Windows Server 2008:SA), MCSA on Windows Server 2008, MCSA:Security on Windows Server 2003, MCTS (70-648, 70-652), Network+, SCNS, Security+, Server+
  4. mentman

mentman Bit Poster

I took that exam 2 months ago.

I had 2 labs

1. subnet a range and assign the ips to 4 routers (no vlsm) But not using subnet 0, then configure rip for thoses networks.

2. configure telnet access for a switch

I had 2 mult drag and drop! soo easy!

Just when you get the big lab, DONT panic and DONT keep looking at the clock!

Mentman

Certifications: CCNA, CCENT, ITE, 642-812 BCMSN
    WIP: 642-901 BCSI
  5. BosonMichael
    Highly Decorated Member Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Thanks for the props, y'all.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!