1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I think I'll go with NITLC but it's a lot of dollars!

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by Baba O'Riley, May 26, 2005.

1. Baba O'Riley

Baba O'Riley Gigabyte Poster

I was pretty impressed with what NITLC offer but it's £4000 for the course I'm looking at.

They told me all about the Career Development Loans and their own payment scheme (which officially is not a loan but it really is).

My problem is that I don't think I'll qualify for a CDL because of bad credit rating - a three year void will do that for you.

Does anyone know of any other loan or grant schemes available for this kind of course? I found loads of stuff about business grants but not much for the individual. Maybe I could set up a computing business, get a business startup grant and pay for my course that way!

My other options are borrowing from family (with a reasonable chance of success) or selling a Kidney (any offers?).

Thanks

Baba O'Riley

Certifications: A+, Network+
    WIP: 70-270
  2. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

you will be suprised just how bad your credit has to be to not get a CDL, cant hurt in applying mate, because its a government backed scheme to help people get qualified and advancing into careers you will find there usually quite liberal

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0
  3. Baba O'Riley

Thanks for that Phoenix, but I was amazed how difficult it was just to open a basic bank account after three years abroad so I won't be holding my breath :hhhmmm !

4. drum_dude

drum_dude Gigabyte Poster

I think applying for the CDL will be less heartbreaking and stressful then the above!

Try the CDL...as they say "if you don't ask you don't get!"

Good luck

Certifications: MCSA , N+, A+ ,ITIL V2, MCTS
    WIP: MCITP 2008 Ent Admin, Server Admin, Exchange 2010, Lync 2010, CCNA & VCP5
  5. Arroryn
    Honorary Member

Arroryn we're all dooooooomed

Just give it a try - like the other guys have said, if you don't have a go, you won't know. If that doesn't pay off, if you're in employment you can try for corporate backing, and local councils still operate grant schemes for adults getting into education - I heard of it when I was trying out the OU, but it should apply for adult education in general. Try your local city council for information listings on what they offer.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, 70-410, 70-411
    WIP: Modern Languages BA
  6. Baba O'Riley

Yeah thanks. I'll go with the CDL route first of all. The starting a business idea was only half serious.

As for council funding, I actually work for a County Council and they're tighter than a Duck's behind. Maybe I'll get something out of them but I'm not holding my breath.

Thanks again.