I know what you wont be doing next summer

Discussion in 'Just for Laughs' started by zxspectrum, Nov 25, 2007.

1. zxspectrum

zxspectrum Terabyte Poster Forum Leader Gold Member

Well even though i love football, its got to be said im more of a club man than a country man. Im personally not bothered that we wont be in next summers competition, basically we have been done a favour in not qualifying and im sure we are seen as the Tim Henman of football.

We all wish he would win something but hes just not got the balls, and would only manage the semis at the best of times.

So to cheer you up i seen this on you tube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIIFpA74a7Q

Enjoy,

Ed

Certifications: BSc computing and information systems
    WIP: 70-680
  2. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

My God - i remember nearly all of those.

Haaland was an absolute ****hole of the highest order - though I hated Keane as a player I always respected him for being able to take it as well as dish it out. Haaland must have thought he was top bollocks when he shouted at Keane as he lay on the pitch with a torn ACL - LOL at Keane for remembering and waiting for two years before doing him. What goes around comes around Alfie...

Kudos to Ljungberg for having a go at Mellberg - I can look after myself and there is no way on God's green Earth that I would ever consider taking him on - he is double, double hard.

Worst of the lot though has to be Schmacher's assault on Battiston in the 82 World Cup. That was the most disgraceful attack I've ever seen - honest, I can think of only two more dangerous hits in HOCKEY let alone football. Didn't even get booked for it.

Certifications: A few
    WIP: None - f*** 'em
  3. rax

rax Megabyte Poster

Hilarious stuff!

As for any footballer being "double, double hard" I say 'sure' because they can't lift a plate between them.

Admittedly I wouldn't want to receive a kick from any of them though :p

Certifications: ITIL v3 Foundation, CompTIA Network+
  4. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

LOL - for most of them I agree with you - overpaid, overhyped pansies. I think you should take a closer look at Mellberg though - that boy looks like a viking, is built like a brick shithouse, is meaner than a tasmanian devil on acid and IS double, double hard :biggrin

Certifications: A few
    WIP: None - f*** 'em
  5. robbo1962

robbo1962 Byte Poster

i particularly remember the assault by Schumacher on Battiston, i think thats the worst i have ever seen Battiston had several teeth knocked out , a damaded vertebrae and went into a coma. What did the referee do? he awarded a goal kick. Priceless.

Certifications: A+
  6. ffreeloader

ffreeloader Terabyte Poster

After seeing that video I think I understand why you guys have so many of what we refer to as "soccer hooligans". They're just fans emulating what they see on the field.

Here in the US, where going to fight normally results into a hockey game breaking out, that kind of behavior gets the perpetrator landed in criminal court, as they should be because many of those kinds of attacks are clearly nothing more than assault and battery with the very distinct desire to injure the opponent seriously. That some of the guys deliberately injuring their opponents in that video aren't sitting in jail for their actions is a travesty of justice.

That video was quite a display of classless behavior. That these guys are looked at heroes to many is a really sad thing. What's it going to take to put a stop to this? Somebody getting killed on the field? Or will that be allowed too?

Certifications: MCSE, MCDBA, CCNA, A+
    WIP: LPIC 1