how to remove outlook signatures ?

Discussion in 'Exchange Exams' started by popeye67, Oct 29, 2007.

1. popeye67

popeye67 Bit Poster

Is there a way to disable signatures in outlook (2000,2003) ? Applying GPO doesn't really work (MS aware of issue).

2. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

On an individual user basis:

Open Outlook -> Tools -> Options -> Mail Format -> Signatures

Set default signature for new messages and replies to (None)

-ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  3. drum_dude

drum_dude Gigabyte Poster

So would that mean that it works on some but not others or it doesn't work full stop?

If MS are aware of the issue then does it come under a KB article or Technet article?

Need more info!

Certifications: MCP, MCSA 2000 , N+, A+ ,ITIL V2, MCTS, MCITP Lync 2010 & MCSA 2008, Sonus SATP SBC 1k/2k
    WIP: Hopefully Skype for Business and some Exchange stuff...
  4. popeye67

popeye67 Bit Poster

Don't really want to go arround 60 workstations and disable them manually just for someone to enable them again.

Well adding adm11 template to GP and disabling them there does nothing. According to MS you can once you get sp2 for office 2003 it should work. but it doesn't. I'm thinking of deleting signature folders as part of login. Anything more elegant out there ?