Problem How to make a windows backup partition

Discussion in 'Software' started by Special Brew, Sep 23, 2010.

1. Special Brew

Special Brew Nibble Poster

So basically, if i need to replace someone's broken HDD ( data unable to obtain ) I can install windows for them, but to create another back-up partition that was lost due to HDD replacement, i'll occur costs of my own?! Fu*k That!!

Cheers for all your replies, i appreciate it very much.

Special Brew!

2. DC Pr0Mo

DC Pr0Mo Kilobyte Poster

There may be open source alternatives which are free, or you could charge the price of the software to the customer.

Certifications: MCDST | BSc Network Computing | 365 Fundamentals
  3. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

Listen, by the sounds of things you're trying to get a solution that allows you to make money out of it, now whilst I for one am willing to help those that need it I kinda draw the line at people using my skills and expertise to make them money and I don't get anything out of it.

You have been offered solutions that will cost you money, if you want to make money and not spend it you're going to have to go down the open source route.

My advice at the moment is to take the time to examine what it is YOU want to do and why, look into the solutions available to you and learn from that.

Taking solutions that we have given you for you to put into practice and make money from is going to come back and bite you in the arse, not least of all is because by the looks of things you don't want to spend out on licensing, secondly the chances are that you're not going to be able to really support them because all you have done is taken other peoples suggestions and implemented them.

If you want to earn money from other peoples experience and expertise then perhaps look elsewhere, sorry to be a tad snipey but the more you have posted here the more you just appear to be taking peoples suggestions to try and improve your own skills (for financial purposes).

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA