1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How much do you study

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by Frontier, Mar 24, 2007.

1. Frontier

Frontier Byte Poster

On average, how much do you study per day? I try to commit myself to at least 2 hrs per day during weekdays and a bit more during weekends or if ive got the day off work. Some days I will do less if its been a long day or I need a break. I was just wondering what everyone else does just out of interest :biggrin

2. andy-d

andy-d Bit Poster

I try and do a few hours every night, and as much as i can fit in on the weekends. Too much though, and i find i can't take any of it in, so i go "pwn sum n00bz @ cs" instead.

WIP: A+
  3. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

This question has been asked a few times before, so have a bit of a search to see what people said.

For me though, its not enough! I don't study much anymore, I simply try to learn.

4. nXPLOSi

nXPLOSi Terabyte Poster

Its not enough for me either, working the usual 9-5 job, by the time I get home and have dinner, I can rarely work up the motivation to hit the books.

If your getting in 2 hours a day, in my book your doing well!

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA 2003 (270, 290, 291), MCTS (640, 642), MCSA 2008
    WIP: MCSA 2012
  5. Kraven

Kraven Kilobyte Poster

I only work part time...trying to find a full time IT job. So I have lots of time to study. I'll usually study around 5 hours a day, that includes messing around with my lab. Any longer than that and I start to get bored.

Kraven

Certifications: Network+, MCSA, 70-680
    WIP: A+, 70-685
  6. Headache

Headache Gigabyte Poster

I'm sat in front of the PC for hours at a time, but I'm not really studying. I maybe study for about half an hour, then get bored and surf the web for an hour. Then I study again for another twenty minutes before hitting the web AGAIN.

Totally indisciplined is me.

Plus it doesn't help that I live with some pretty rowdy housemates in here.

Certifications: CCNA
    WIP: CCNP
  7. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

UCHEEKYMONKEY R.I.P - gone but never forgotten. Gold Member

I study for about an hour everyday, sometimes less.

I find after looking at a computer screen all day at work and then coming home to look at another screen is very hard. :(

I tend to spend 4 hours on the weekend reading chapters writing notes of the chapters I have read, then rewriting the notes to concise revision notes.

On weekdays, I get up an hour early or read in bed before I have to get up to work. I find my mind is fresh and easier to absorb the material, I read the concise notes and write on postcards key phases. Then when I come home, I read these postcards (sort of like flash cards). Using exam Cram and Transcender exam prep software test myself. Then I play on some computer games or go out to with friends to relax and let the material absorb.

I don't think you should push yourself to hard, but, take little steps towards the final target! :biggrin

I do find when I lose my motivation to study, or stray form the certifcation route, CF is the best place to go to put me back on track!:biggrin

However you might want to look at LeeHaa How to study Thread

Check this thread out by Mr Cheeks Study Time Poll :biggrin

Certifications: Comptia A+
    WIP: Comptia N+
  8. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster Forum Leader

At the moment, I dont really study much. I have my full time IT job 9-5 which I am really happpy about, and I learn something every day at work.

Its funny though because I just bought a windows 2k3 book to start studying for 290 but cant get into to. I even installed vmware and 2k3 on them. I guess I better start soon before my win2k3 trial ends.

Also I go to the gym 5/7 times a week and after that when I am exhausted I cant put my self to study.

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA