How can I make network using windows server 2003? please help

Discussion in 'Networks' started by alivip, Apr 26, 2009.

1. alivip

alivip Bit Poster

How can I make network using windows server 2003? to connect PCs (windows XP) to server via switch
    (3com switch 8 port)

the server has two network cards one connected to switch (3com switch 8 port) and the other connected to
    (Dsl modem)

How can I configure the sever where when I plug the network cable for PCs (windows XP) to
    switch (3com switch 8 port) it automatically connect to server and share the internet access

2. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

This might help mate..

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/324286

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  3. verbalabuse

verbalabuse New Member

You will most likely need some sort of routing device to sit between the DSL modem and the switch. I've not seen many DSL modems with built in routers but I'm sure they're out there. I suppose you could set the 2003 machine up as the routing device but that seems like a lot of extra work. Once you have your routing device squared away you'll just need to assign IP addresses either manually or through DHCP.

Is this for XP home or XP Professional?

Certifications: MCSE 2003, MCSE 2003:Securtiy, Security+
    WIP: CCNA