Hotmail email forwading.

Discussion in 'Software' started by warrmr, Oct 9, 2007.

1. warrmr

warrmr Byte Poster

ok im playing about with email forwarding as i can recive PoP emails on my phone and hotmail doesnt support it unless your a premium member.

so i have gone to the option and email forwarding tab on hotmail. it tells me this

so i put in my gmail account address and it re iterates the above. but sureley gmail.com is a custom domain.

so i try and forwards it to my old website address [email protected]
    it still reiterates that you can only send to custom domains or any MS associated domain.

am i missing the point. and can some on etry it to see if im just being incredibly thick.

Certifications: MCP 70-270, 70-290
    WIP: MCSA + Messaging, MCSE + Security
  2. grim

grim Gigabyte Poster

what phone is it ?

grim

Certifications: Bsc, 70-270, 70-290, 70-291, 70-293, 70-294, 70-298, 70-299, 70-620, 70-649, 70-680
    WIP: 70-646, 70-640
  3. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Gmail.com is not a custom domain. In fact, it's Microsoft/Hotmail's main competitor: Google/Gmail. They'd be crazy to allow you to forward to their biggest competitor!

EDIT: A custom domain would probably be one that you own... not Comcast, Charter, Gmail, ATT.net, BellSouth.net, etc.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  4. warrmr

warrmr Byte Poster

true but if it allows custom domains why wouldent it allow a forwards to [email protected]

oh and its the Sony Ericsson W950i, i cant wait till my contracts up so i can get the SE P1i,

5. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Hmm... no idea why it won't let you forward to ubern00b. Have you sent an e-mail to Hotmail support?

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  6. warrmr

warrmr Byte Poster

i dint think of that :P im such a n00b at times. i did look in the FAQ and found no mention of email forwarding. all i wanna do is pick up my email on my phone and as you need to pay for pop access and im cheap i wanted an alternitiave. that doesnt involve going to http://mobile.live.com/

ill drop hotmail support a line see what they say.