1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Home Learning College?

Discussion in 'Network+' started by Roibeard, Aug 11, 2008.

1. Roibeard

Roibeard New Member

Hello,

I am interested in doing Network + course and have come across Home learning College. I have a meeting tomorrow with a course advisor and was wondering if anyone as used HLC for this course.

Any feedback would be great.

Many thanks,

Rob

2. SuPaStA

SuPaStA Nibble Poster

You could do a self-study for the course as its pretty straight fwrd.All you need is the books and cbt nuggets (video led instructor on ur pc).

Certifications: CCNA,MCSE,ITIL,Server+,Security+,N+...
    WIP: CCNP
  3. Roibeard

Roibeard New Member

Thanks Mate,

I have a meeting with this evening with them i will see how it goes, what self-study books are recommended?

4. Hades

Hades Nibble Poster

As stated self study would probably your best bet... you'll probably be doing that with "home" learning college :blink
    Doing it yourself with just the books etc will probably save you a fortune.

Good book I would recomend is the Mike Myers N+ all in one

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Network-Certification-All-Guide-Third/dp/0072253452/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1218530274&sr=8-1

Im currently reading his A+ and its a good read and very clear.. so I imagine his N+ will just be as good :biggrin

This thread would be good one to add to your favourites as well:

http://www.certforums.co.uk/forums/thread14500.html

Certifications: City & Guilds Diploma in ICT level 2+3
  5. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

The book published by Sybex is supposed to be pretty good.

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  6. nXPLOSi

nXPLOSi Terabyte Poster

I'd side with the self study route for Network+ as well, I managed to do it without too much trouble. Save yourself a bundle :)

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA 2003 (270, 290, 291), MCTS (640, 642), MCSA 2008
    WIP: MCSA 2012
  7. sunn

sunn Gigabyte Poster

I suggest the same. At least give it a shot on your own, if you need help afterwards, you can always join a company/college later.

8. BosonMichael
    Highly Decorated Member Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Yet another vote for self-study. :)

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  9. Roibeard

Roibeard New Member

Thanks for your advise, i have decided to go down the self study route, HLC did not really blow me away and as mentioned i will save a fortune, ordered the book now so hope to start over the weekend,SupAsTa mentioned CBT, any in paticular anyone can suggest

Cheers again
    Rob