1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Home cinema projectors

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by jk2447, Nov 12, 2012.

1. jk2447

jk2447 Petabyte Poster Moderator

Hi all,

Sorry Ive not been around as much as usual. House move and work but I will be back with a vengence soon enough. I've got a large white wall in my spare room and I'm considering getting a projector instead of hanging my led tv. Obviously I know projectors aren't very useful in the daytime but this would just be for the odd film when we fancy a change, maybe the odd boxing match etc.

My question is..... Do people still use projectors? For years I fancied buying one but never did. I've got a 55" led downstairs so not short of a big telly but I just fancied a change.

Also is a newly painted white wall good enough for a projector?

Any advice would be very much appreciated

Certifications: BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, VCP4, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VCP5, VCP6-NV
  2. Coupe2T

Coupe2T Megabyte Poster

I think they are still quite heavily used mate. I work for Sony and certainly they still seem to invest in new models and also seem to sell quite a few home based projectors etc.

Not sure about the white wall part, I would expect it should be fine but obviously and even so slight imperfections in the wall could possibly show up in the picture etc! I think the proper screens are fairly reasonable aren't they? Usually the projector that costs?
    Certifications: ECDL, Does that Count!?!