Home cinema projectors

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by JK2447, Nov 12, 2012.

1. JK2447
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

JK2447 Petabyte Poster Administrator Premium Member

Top Poster
    of the Month

Hi all,

Sorry Ive not been around as much as usual. House move and work but I will be back with a vengence soon enough. I've got a large white wall in my spare room and I'm considering getting a projector instead of hanging my led tv. Obviously I know projectors aren't very useful in the daytime but this would just be for the odd film when we fancy a change, maybe the odd boxing match etc.

My question is..... Do people still use projectors? For years I fancied buying one but never did. I've got a 55" led downstairs so not short of a big telly but I just fancied a change.

Also is a newly painted white wall good enough for a projector?

Any advice would be very much appreciated

Cheers
    Jim

Certifications: VCP4, 5, 6, 6.5, 6.7, 7, 8, VCAP DCV Design, VMConAWS Skill, Google Cloud Digital Leader, BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VSP, VTSP
    WIP: Google Cloud Certs
  2. Coupe2T

Coupe2T Megabyte Poster

I think they are still quite heavily used mate. I work for Sony and certainly they still seem to invest in new models and also seem to sell quite a few home based projectors etc.

Not sure about the white wall part, I would expect it should be fine but obviously and even so slight imperfections in the wall could possibly show up in the picture etc! I think the proper screens are fairly reasonable aren't they? Usually the projector that costs?

Certifications: ECDL, Does that Count!?!