1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

=) hmmm.

Discussion in 'A+' started by Ravneet, Feb 16, 2006.

1. Ravneet

Ravneet New Member

hey guys/gals, just out of curiousity which certificate(s) would be the best for me? i like to troubleshoot and have all the patience in the world.. a technician i guess u can call it? Im going to do A+ just for knowledge but im not sure what else can help me as far as wat i really want to do. :blink =) thanks
  2. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Hi Ravneet

I think you have already made a good decision, the A+ is an excellent entry level starting place and the knowledge you will gain will help you in your endeavours to be a techy troubleshooter. There is much to learn to pass the A+ as with all IT related exams. Do not underestimate their complexity.

From there, the natural progression would be the N+ (networking essentials). These are both vendor neutral globally recognised qualifications.

After you have those under your belt, you will be in a better situation to judge which direction you want to go in. Popular choices are the Cisco track or the Microsoft track. The popular Cisco CCNA is a qualification that covers Cisco's products, essentially routers and switches. The Microsoft MCPs cover a variety of things any of which might tickle your fancy.

Good luck,

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  3. Malnomates

Malnomates Megabyte Poster

There are technicians and there are TECHNICIANS!!

Knowing that a computer has a processor is ok,but knowing how that processor actually works is where A+ will help you stand above the rest,kapiche?
    Certifications: A+ Network+
  4. Ravneet

Ravneet New Member

thanks =)