Hmm..should I book the exams?

Discussion in 'A+' started by swatto, Apr 24, 2009.

1. swatto

swatto Byte Poster

Hey all - me again,

Just wondering whether I should book the exam and see how I get on. I am really unsure of what to revise now that I have read the book (MM AiO 6th Edition), there is such a wide spectrum of material covered that I just really don't know what to take notes on or revise. Im thinking of just booking the exam(s) and giving them a go as I have an inkling I may pass - and If I don't I will know what to concentrate on. Ive been looking for vouchers for Prometric for the UK but have yet to find any so may have to pay the £114.

Thanks in advance for any advice/guidance on what you think I should do :)

Certifications: BTEC Nat Dip: Software Dev, A+
    WIP: None Yet
  2. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

What have you taken notes on so far mate? Also how are you getting on with the tests at the end of each chapter?

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  3. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

You can get two discount vouchers for pearsonvue by visiting www.gracetechsolutions.com

the were £107 each when I took my exams make sure you buy international vouchers. THey e-mail you the voucher codes after 24 hours after you have paid then you enter the voucher codes in the payment section instead of your credit card number.

As for revision either make notes on bits you feel important or highlight the book. Refer to compTIA for the objectives on each exam.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  4. swatto

swatto Byte Poster

Well the end of the chapter questions im getting all right - even after being tested randomly on them, which makes me think I can pass the exam and also makes it harder for me to know what to actually make notes on.

The reason I was going to choose Prometric over PearsonVue is because there is a Prometric testing centre just down the road from me.

Certifications: BTEC Nat Dip: Software Dev, A+
    WIP: None Yet
  5. StormTHX

StormTHX Byte Poster

Get on with it and good luck!:thumbleft

Certifications: MCDST, MCP (210), A+, ITIL Foundations
    WIP: Taking a break then onto MCSE
  6. Qs

Qs Semi-Honorary Member Gold Member

Sounds good :) It sounds as though you're ready, just be calm, revise what you think you're weak on and take the exam.

Let us know the outcome :)

Qs

Certifications: MCT, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSA (2008), MCITP: EA, MCITP: SA, MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003, MCITP: EDA7, MCITP: EDST7, MCITP: EST Vista, MCTS: Exh 2010, MCTS:ServerVirt, MCTS: SCCM07 & SCCM2012, MCTS: SCOM07, MCTS: Win7Conf, MCTS: VistaConf, MCDST, MCP, MBCS, HND: Applied IT, ITIL v3: Foundation, CCA
  7. Dexter

Dexter Nibble Poster

The only thing I would add is to stick to the exam objectives like glue. Unfortunatley I don't always do this and I make life rather hard for myself at times. If you can go through the objectives confidently and your comfortable with practice test it's probably time to go and claim another cert :D

Certifications: A+ N+ MCDST
    WIP: LPIC-1 - HTML - MYSQL