1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hiya

Discussion in 'A+' started by m_hafeji, Nov 23, 2006.

1. m_hafeji

m_hafeji New Member

Is it worth signing up2 this:
    http://www.aplustraininguk.com/offer.htm

In a nutshell, 2006 objectives with free help and exam included for £297 inc VAT.

Will it b legit?

Thanxs

Certifications: GCSEs, A Levels
    WIP: BSc Computing Tech., Skills Train
  2. riaz.hasan

riaz.hasan Kilobyte Poster

hey there, self study will be cheaper route...herez a link where zimbo explains it well:

click this

Certifications: Degree, A+, HDA, MCP(270 finally!!)
    WIP: MCDST, MCSA2k3
  3. m_hafeji

m_hafeji New Member

Thnx riaz.

Which is the main cetificate that is recognised? Wt if i only do the A+?

Wts d best book / CD to use for d new 2006 objectives? Still MMs book?

4. riaz.hasan

A+ is pretty good and after that u can look towards doing MCP (270) these r certs that ppl do when they begin their certification journey...thats wot i did too :)

as for the books, i'm not really sure when the new ones come in, but for the current A+ exam. MM is one of the best followed by the book by Groth from Sybex...i would say whenever the new exam starts, have a look at books from these writers :)

5. m_hafeji

m_hafeji New Member

Riaz where did u complete ur A+ and MCP(270)?

As u may have seen im currently doing the skills train A+, N+ and MCSE, about8 mnths in and still on A+. (Its nt all tht considering im paying £3225!)

I trying to quit it - hope i can, to stop wasting my money.

P.S. is Compia N+ necessary?

6. riaz.hasan

i self studied for it, bought the books and started studying, for mcp (xp)...270...i also had vmware on which i had installed xp and server 2003 to play around with...regarding A+, if u get the MM book its pretty good...it depends on how u learn, it took me a month for hardware and a month for software, though thats because i have a technical background...it took my friend 2 to 3 months for each hardware and software, so 6 months in total for him coz he wasnt having a technical background at all...
    N+ isnt necessary, but usually ppl recommend it as it helps in future exams like 290 and 291...