Hi

Discussion in 'Windows 7 / 8 /10 Client Exams' started by devip, Mar 1, 2005.

1. devip

devip Bit Poster

Hi all,
    I'm having a script error while trying to run the practice questions on the MCSE Training Kit CD. I tried to fix it with patchqs.exe from the website. But after running the patchqs.bat file I’m still getting the script error and I’m not able to run the Practice questions. All other files on the CD are working. Can anybody help me to fix this problem? I'm using Windows XP Home edition.

2. punkboy101
    Honorary Member

punkboy101 Back from the wilderness

Hi Devip, if you tell us what the exact error message you are getting is, we should be able to help a bit. :D

Certifications: CCNA
    WIP: Nada
  3. devip

devip Bit Poster

I had installed the Exam engine on my desktop. When I try to run the Practice exam by clicking its icon Norton Antivirus is detecting the following error:” Malicious script detected”. It is showing a file named RRev.hta .Norton antivirus is showing the default option to stop the action. I tried to quarantine the action, but still it is showing the same error.

4. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  5. devip

devip Bit Poster

Thanks Tripwire.
    From the site I understood that it would work with IE5. I'm using IE6. But how do I download and use IE5. Does that will create any problem to the currently working system?
    Devi

6. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

can you not disable norton anti virus temporarily? it may be that it deems .hta files as evil (Hypertext Applications) as, they often can be

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0