Hi ppl

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by asian_100, Jun 27, 2007.

1. asian_100

asian_100 Bit Poster

Hi ppl

I am vish. I am 16 years old. I live In London. I am going to start college from september 2007 and intend to do BTEC National Diploma in IT Practitioners and CompTIA A+ at Hammersmith & West London College for two years. Then after college I intend to do MCSE course in India for a year, get the course done and will come back to London after that and complete my education in University.

I am sure there are helpful people in this forum. Can anyone tell me where I could get information of PC Building workshops in London. That would be really great. I also wanted to ask how the CompTIA A+ is and also advise to pass it.

Thank You

2. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

Welcome to CF mate! 8)

You got a lot of question there.. i think the best thing is to slow down and focus on one thing at a time then complete it and then carry on. Are you hoping to start your A+ now or in Sept? My advice is to complete your uni before moving on. Microsoft is changing everything in its cert program so in 2 years everything will have changed - focus on your HND now and get into a Uni to do the top up - there are a number in london with good programs to top up - research from now cause its never too early!

Certifications: B.Sc, MCDST & MCSA
    WIP: M.Sc - Computer Forensics
  3. asian_100

asian_100 Bit Poster

Thanks Zimbo for advise. I am starting College in September, I am going to do BTEC Nationalalong with CompTIA course in september. After finishing that in 2 years time. I intend to go to India to do MCSE for a year. Then come back and do HND. Do you think I shouldn't do MCSE before I finish Uni?

4. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

Yes and a BTEC is "like" an HND. With a BTEC you can get into Uni's in either 2nd or 3rd year depending on your grades. That is why you need to contact unis from now and ask them what they require and at what level they will enter you once you finish the BTEC.

So to summarize you will go from BTEC to uni, then look at MCSE.

5. asian_100

asian_100 Bit Poster

What were you talking about microsoft certificates? Does it mean that I have to do that course every 2 years to get updates certificates? Why would it be better to do MCSE after Uni than before?

Sorry to keep busy

6. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

Blinking heck you guys are getting younger :D

Welcome to CF 8)

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009
  7. hbroomhall

hbroomhall Petabyte Poster Gold Member

Hi and welcome to CF!

Harry.

Certifications: ECDL A+ Network+ i-Net+
    WIP: Server+
  8. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Welcome!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  9. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

What im suggesting is you too young and inexperienced to have MCSE in your focus right now.. it would make better sense to get into uni first - graduate then look at something like the MCSE - which in that time will be called something else because of Microsoft changing its certification program in the next 2 years.

10. Mike_W

Mike_W Bit Poster

Hi and welcome

Certifications: A+, DHTI+, MCP, MCDST
    WIP: Network+, MCSA, MCSE, Server+,
  11. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

...and get your entry-level IT job while you're in Uni to start building up the experience that employers require.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  12. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

Welcome to the forums.

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA
  13. asian_100

asian_100 Bit Poster

Thanks everuone for giving me advise and welcoming me.