Hi im David & looking for a new career in IT.

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by David25, Aug 3, 2010.

1. Notes_Bloke

Notes_Bloke Terabyte Poster

The book comes with a CD containing the following:-

Practice exams for 701 & 702
    600+ chapter review questions
    New video introduction to CompTIA A+
    One-hour video training segment
    Mike's favorite PC tools and utilities
    Searchable e-book

Also, the PC technician Street Smarts book is useful to have, as it has real world scenarios for you to practice on.

The professor messer videos are also a recommended (free) study aid for the A+.

HTH
    NB

Certifications: 70-210, 70-215, A+,N+, Security+
    WIP: MCSA
  2. David25

David25 Bit Poster

Thanks Notes_Bloke.

Is this book the latest? Also do i really need the 2nd book or this will do?

Thanks

Ok i understand now real world scenarios, ye that would be good so it is worth buying.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2010
  3. Notes_Bloke

Yes it is the 7th edition, which is the latest (released Feb 2010).

For starters, I'd get the Mike Meyers All in One book and watch the online Professor Messer videos.

Then, see how confident you feel with the A+ questions, and if you feel you could do with more practical examples, buy the Street Smarts book.

NB

4. David25

David25 Bit Poster

Hi again NB, where can i get hold of the above?

Thanks

5. Notes_Bloke

The Professer Messer videos are watchable here, and the book is available from Amazon - here.

NB

6. chuckles

chuckles Kilobyte Poster

The Sybex book by Todd Lammle certainly covers all you need to know for N+.

Certifications: '07/'09 A+, N+, S+
    WIP: maybe something Apple
  7. Charlie Harz

Charlie Harz New Member

Hi David

I have only just signed up to this forum today and this is the first post I read I don’t know why.
    I’m glad I did, after reading what your wrote I am amazed at the similarities between us, I am 22 I have a level 3 ICT qualification and a GNVQ in IT, I too am dyslexic and find it hard to talk about or even admit to. I too also hate my job with a passion,

About a month ago I wanted to make a change so I have been pursuing a career in IT I’ve been looking at what qualifications I can do and how to do them, I have also been looking for a new job as I work as a floor manager at McDonalds and I have to say it’s the worst job in the world, I earn 12500 a year and yesterday I had a private breakdown.

Our toilet system blocked so, me and the store manager went to the basement to attempt to clear the pipes, we wedged the cover off a millimeter and water was gushing out like a tap on max but we could not get the cover fully off. He walked back upstairs to get some more equipment, I was standing there holding a screw driver between the cover and the pipe keeping the tiny gap open, at this point I was a little wet from sewage water but I could contain myself. Then the side of the cover facing me opened like a door and sewage water came gushing at an unbelievable rate into my face covering me within 3 or 4 seconds, after the 500 liters of stinking sewage water had gone all over the basement floor terds floating and scattered on the floor, I being the dirtiest on had to clean it up, at this point I had a breakdown, what had my life become, working at McDonalds for £6.50 an hour clearing up human crap and piss being covered in it from head to toe.

I don’t know why I’m sharing this embarrassing shameful story with everyone just better to get it off my chest.