Hi everyone!!!

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by Kelly, Jul 24, 2003.

1. Kelly

Kelly Nibble Poster

Hello all!!

I'm the latest newbie!

hope you're all doing ok and happy!

I've just started on the internet course on NITLC and pretty much know nothing about computers so please be gentle with me!!

Infact I already posted one of these and I have no idea where it went so if you find it, let me know exactly how thick I've been!!! :oops:

See you all again soon guys!!!! :tongue

Certifications: none
    WIP: none
  2. Phil
    Honorary Member

Phil Gigabyte Poster

Hi kelly

Welcome to certforums.co.uk, stick around and ask questions if you get stuck, there's loads of very capable people round here more than willing to help.

talk to ya soon

Certifications: MCSE:M & S MCSA:M CCNA CNA
    WIP: 2003 Upgrade, CCNA Upgrade
  3. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Hello Kelly. Welcome to the forum. I'm the oddball member...not from the UK and not taking the internet course on NITLC. A few of my buddies from another forum came over here and I thought I'd follow them. Doesn't hurt to have more than one supportive community.

Don't worry. Computers only bite (or is that "byte"?) when you put your hand in their mouth. :D When I first started school a few years back, I was afraid to even open up a PC for fear of breaking it beyond repair. Now it's pretty much second nature. You'll get the hang of it. If you get stuck anywhere in your studies, well...that's what this forum is for...to support each other.

Again, welcome aboard.

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  4. Kelly

Kelly Nibble Poster

Aw!!! Thanks guys!!!!

You're so sweet!!

At least I know where to come for help, and I'm sure I'll be here often!! :lol:

5. SimonV
    Honorary Member

SimonV Petabyte Poster Gold Member

Welcome Kelly, glad you could make it. 8) If you need help with anything just ask, you'll find a mass of knowledge and experience here and thats only me :silly

Joking aside I personally hope you stay around and i'm sure soon the others will emulate my words.

Speak Soon

Si :tomato

Certifications: MOS Master 2003, CompTIA A+, MCSA:M, MCSE
    WIP: Keeping CF Alive...
  6. Nelix
    Honorary Member

Nelix Gigabyte Poster

Certifications: A+, 70-210, 70-290, 70-291, 74-409, 70-410, 70-411, 70-337, 70-347
    WIP: 70-346
  7. Luton Bee

Luton Bee Kilobyte Poster

What are you trying to say ~SimonV~????

Welcome Kelly

p.s. Only kidding Jackamoko is one of the star posters here and very, very helpfull. I guess we will now find out if he has a sense of Humour as well!!!
    :lol: :lol: :lol:

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2015
    Certifications: MCSE, MCSA, MCP, A+, Network+ C&G ICT
    WIP: CCNA
  8. Sandy

Sandy Ex-Member

Welcome to out little bit of the datasphere.

9. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Hi Kelly, excuse me a second,

HEY TRIP - GIMME BACK THAT TITLE RIGHT NOW :gun

Sorry Kelly - a warm welcome from me too - I'm the dumb guy that keeps everyone smiling, but who doesn't actually know anything :P

Hope you'll find the place useful- i know me and a load of other folks have too - it's a good bunch, and as friendly as you'll find anywhere :lol:

See ya soon ....

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  10. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Hey, I'm the only Armadillo in this place on the Humour+ course - what more do you want :?: :?: :?:

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  11. Taz69

Taz69 Byte Poster

Hiya Kelly, welcome to this part of the WWW (Wacky Wild Web).

I've not been a member of this site for too long but I get the impression that the empasis here is to have fun learning. I'm not on a NITLC course but I seem to be following the same path as many in here though.

It seeems pretty mad around here but then you realise a few of the guys and gals around here know a bit about computers and are pretty happy to help :)

Certifications: MCSE: S, MCSA:M, MCSA: S, Net+ & 70-284
    WIP: MCSA 2003 & MCSA:Messaging 2003
  12. Kelly

Kelly Nibble Poster

Thank you to you all!!

I fell very welcome!

Did what Nelix told me and I now have my piece in the What Do You Do bit!

Enjoy folks! See you soon xx :P

13. Anonymouse

Anonymouse Bit Poster

Please don't be scared. You should never be scared of computers. The only acceptable emotions when it comes to computers are anger, rage, frustration and the irresistible urge to pick up the whole damn thing and throw it through the nearest window!!!

Ahem. You can probably tell from this that I've been into computers for quite a while. :D

There was that time on an NVQ course I did in 1998 when I was trying to install Office 4.3 on a networked PC, the network software being NetBEUI and Windows for Workgroups 3.1 (oi, you lot! Stop laughing! The place didn't migrate to NT4 until after I'd finished the course - go figure), and Office came on floppies - dozens of them...

Or the Hewlett-Packard printer that worked perfectly when it was connected to a standalone PC, but when trying to use it on the network it just would NOT behave itself...

Or the PC running Win 95 that kept forgetting where the network printer was...

Having said all that, try to remember that everyone on this forum was once where you are now. We all have to start somewhere. I still remember the days when you had to load MS-DOS from a 5.25" floppy...

(For the last time, you lot, stop laughing! This was in 1989!)

14. Kelly

Kelly Nibble Poster

Wow Anonymouse...you've been about a bit hey?! :lol:

Thank you very much for your support and words of wisdom. It's much appriciated...even though when you spoke about what you'd done with computers, I barely had a clue what you were talking about!! :oops:

Must knuckle down to study!

Thanks again and a warm welcome! :lol: