Hi Everyone

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by boodykaka2003, Mar 24, 2004.

1. boodykaka2003

boodykaka2003 New Member

Hi i am a newbie to the forum who is in the last week of semester 3 of my CCNA & think the forum would be of great help to me
    Looking forward to getting help & helping others
    Thanks

Conrad

2. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Hi Conrad. I have fond memories of the Cisco netacad. I took semesters 1 and 2 as part of my regular coursework but my program (back then) didn't offer 3 and 4 so I had to shell out big bucks to take them in a different venue. The classes were accellerated so we whizzed through them in about 8 weeks or less. Took another six months of studying before I felt confident enough to take my CCNA exam. Passed it first shot, though.

Feel free to ask any questions that come up for you. That's why we're here. Glad you could join the party. Welcome.

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  3. Rosy
    Honorary Member

Rosy Megabyte Poster

Hello and welcome - I tend to ask how people chose their internet identities - not sure I dare with yours! :D

What are your plans once you have completed your training - new job/promotion? Good luck with the rest of your course and hope you enjoy your stay here! 8)

Certifications: MOS Master Instructor
  4. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Hi Conrad, and welcome to CertForums. That is quite a spectular Username you have chosen (rich coming from me, I know)

Hope you can stick around and get to know us. Any questions, just ask ..... :)

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  5. SimonV
    Honorary Member

SimonV Petabyte Poster Gold Member

Welcome to the forums Conrad, Hope to see more of you around here soon :)

Certifications: MOS Master 2003, CompTIA A+, MCSA:M, MCSE
    WIP: Keeping CF Alive...
  6. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

Hi Conrad, welcome to the forum. Don't forget, Thursday night is chat night so bring your keyboard.

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  7. boodykaka2003

boodykaka2003 New Member

Thanks for the warm welcome
    To let you know how i decided on my username goes back a few years ago when i was working during the School holidays
    I was unpacking boxes int a local factory , this was an outlet for somewhere in Europe i think, anyway i noticed a box with a very strange drawing (of a sexual nature) & the word Boodykaka written next to it , i think i laughed for a week , but thinking back now its not that funny :lol:

To give you a little background on myself & why i decided i was going to study for the Cisco exam
    I have been using computers for about 8 years now & have a HND EEE (Electrical Engineering in Electronics) I have worked with Motorola as a RF Celular phone technician & recently worked in a Compaq service centre repairing laptop's
    Anyway i started working for myself localy fixing pc's upgrading etc , and the only thing i was a little unsure of was the networking side of things & decided on doing the Cisco course.
    Although having an Electronics background there are some answers that Cisco have given that i dont agree with, but other than that i have learned much & feel more confident about networking

8. Nelix
    Honorary Member

Nelix Gigabyte Poster

I'm itching to see the Picture now, Oh and welcome to the forum by the way.

I did a google on boodykaka and..........nothing.

never mind perhaps we'll never know

Certifications: A+, 70-210, 70-290, 70-291, 74-409, 70-410, 70-411, 70-337, 70-347
    WIP: 70-346
  9. AJ

AJ 01000001 01100100 01101101 01101001 01101110 Administrator

Hi there, welcome to the forum. :D

Certifications: MCSE, MCSA (messaging), ITIL Foundation v3
    WIP: Breathing in and out, but not out and in, that's just wrong
  10. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Cisco will teach you a ton about networking...even with the bias towards their products. Nelix...we do not want to see that picture here. Conrad can put it up as a link and you can click it at your pleasure but somehow I don't think it would be such a great avatar. :eek: :wink:

Certifications: A+ and Network+